The best way we recommend to save on Ford Five Hundred insurance is to start doing an annual price comparison from companies that insure vehicles in Plano. You can compare rates by completing these steps.
- First, try to understand how car insurance works and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that drive up the price like traffic violations, accidents, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Later in this article we will cover additional ideas to help prevent expensive coverage and find missing discounts.
- Second, compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
The key aspect of shopping around is to make sure you enter identical deductibles and limits on every quote and and to analyze all possible companies. Doing this helps ensure an accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
A recent car insurance study discovered that the vast majority of consumers kept buying from the same company for well over three years, and nearly half have never even compared rates from other companies. With the average premium in Texas being $2,680, drivers can cut their rates by about 70% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t know the amount of money they would save if they bought a different policy.
Locating the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Plano can be easy if you know a few tricks. If you are insured now or are looking for a new policy, use these money-saving tips to buy cheaper auto insurance without sacrificing coverage. Drivers just need to know the proper methods to compare different rates on the web.
How to compare Ford Five Hundred insurance rate quotes in Plano, TX
All major insurance companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO provide insurance quotes on the web. Getting online rates for Ford Five Hundred insurance in Plano is very simple as all you need to do is type in your personal and coverage information on the page. Upon sending the form, their system automatically orders reports for credit and driving violations and returns pricing information based on the data you entered. Getting online rates for Ford Five Hundred insurance in Plano makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it is imperative to get many rate quotes if you want to find the lowest payment possible.
To use this form to compare rates, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you copy deductibles and limits exactly as they are listed on your policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will have rate comparison quotes for similar insurance coverage.
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide price comparisons in Plano, TX. If you want to find cheap car insurance in TX, we recommend you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Three good reasons to insure your Ford vehicle
Even though Plano Five Hundred insurance rates can get expensive, buying car insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Ford Five Hundred, it’s guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you buy insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If the policy lapses, the lender may insure your Ford at a more expensive rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Ford Five Hundred but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you have damage to your Ford as the result of the weather or an accident, your policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially when you need to use it. An average driver in America overpays more than $855 a year so you should quote rates at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you might be missing out on some discounts that you may not even be aware of. Many discounts should be triggered at the time you complete a quote, but some discounts are required to be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you could be getting lower rates.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings of more than 20%.
- No Claim Discounts – Good drivers with no accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Plano car insurance quote in comparison with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Driver Safety – Passing a course that instructs on driving safety is a good idea and can lower rates depending on where you live.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars and trucks equipped with ABS or steering control can stop better under adverse conditions and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Active Service Discounts – Being deployed in the military could qualify you for better prices.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them both with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Good Grades Discount – A discount for being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- College Student Discount – Any of your kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Plano and leave their car at home could qualify for this discount.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any amount of discount should help reduce your policy premiums.
A few popular companies and some of their more popular discounts include:
- Progressive may include discounts for multi-policy, online signing, online quote discount, good student, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
- The Hartford discounts include driver training, defensive driver, good student, air bag, and bundle.
- Mercury Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including low natural disaster claims, age of vehicle, multi-car, professional/association, and good student.
- GEICO may offer discounts for multi-policy, seat belt use, good student, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, anti-theft, and air bags.
- AAA offers discounts for good student, multi-policy, pay-in-full, multi-car, AAA membership discount, and good driver.
- State Farm includes discounts for good driver, accident-free, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, and driver’s education.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every company to apply every possible discount. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be available to policyholders in your area. To see insurance companies with discount insurance rates in Texas, click here.
Local Plano insurance agencies
Many drivers would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help file insurance claims. A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get cheap car insurance quotes and also buy local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, the coverage information is immediately sent to companies in Plano that provide free Plano car insurance quotes for your business. You won’t even need to leave your house because prices are sent straight to your inbox. In the event you want to quote rates from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Deciding on an insurer requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Plano for you
When searching for a local agent, it’s helpful to know the different types of agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agents are classified as either independent or exclusive. Both write policy coverage, but it’s important to know how they are different since it can impact which agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents have only one company to place business with and some examples include Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are trained well in insurance sales which aids in selling service over price.
The following is a short list of exclusive agents in Plano willing to provide comparison quotes.
These agents can quote rates with many companies and that enables them to quote your coverage with lots of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to find a new agent. If you are comparing car insurance prices, you should always compare prices from at least one independent agent for the best price selection.
Below is a list of independent agents in Plano willing to provide price quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Nicholas Arthur Purvis Agency
5600 Tennyson Pkwy #243 – Plano, TX 75024 – (972) 665-9975 – View Map
Ratings for Plano car insurance companies
Ending up with the right insurer can be challenging considering how many different companies sell coverage in Texas. The ranking information in the next section can help you select which companies to look at purchasing from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Quote often and quote early
When buying insurance coverage, it’s a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. Too many times, someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that it was a big mistake. Your focus should be to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate.
Discount Ford Five Hundred insurance in Plano is possible both online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to quote Plano car insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers may not provide internet price quotes and many times these regional insurance providers work with independent agencies.
More tips and info about insurance can be read in these articles:
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- How Much are Plano Car Insurance Quotes for a Mazda CX-7? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Plano Auto Insurance Rates for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Plano? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 25 in Plano? (FAQ)
- How Much are Plano Car Insurance Quotes for Active Military? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Teenage Females in Plano? (FAQ)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)