If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find cheaper prices for car insurance rates in Plano is to regularly compare quotes from providers in Texas. You can compare rates by completing these steps.
- Try to comprehend how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can change to prevent rate increases. Many factors that cause high rates like speeding and an imperfect credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle. This article gives tips to lower rates and find overlooked discounts.
- Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple sources.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing policy to see if cheaper Stratus coverage is available. If you can save some money and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
An important bit of advice to remember is to make sure you’re comparing similar deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and to quote with every insurance company. Doing this ensures an accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
It’s easy to assume that insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. People who compare other prices will presumably switch to a new company because they stand a good chance of finding a policy with better rates. A recent insurance study revealed that drivers who compared price quotes annually saved over $850 each year compared to other drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding low prices for Dodge Stratus insurance in Plano is your ultimate objective, then having an understanding of how to get free comparison quotes and analyze insurance can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Texas. In order to find cheap auto insurance in Plano, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Affordable Plano insurance quotes with discounts
Buying insurance is not cheap, but you might already qualify for some discounts that you may not know about. Some discounts will apply at the time of purchase, but a few must be asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Drivers Ed for Students – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers take driver’s ed class in high school.
- Save over 55 – Seniors may be able to get a small discount on rates.
- E-sign – A few insurance companies will provide an incentive shop Plano car insurance over the internet.
- Safety Course Discount – Passing a course in driver safety could cut 5% off your bill and also improve your driving technique.
- Onboard Data Collection – People who choose to allow data collection to track driving manner remotely such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could save a few bucks if their driving habits are good.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Factory air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
- Distant Student – College-age children who live away from home to go to college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Payment Discounts – By making one initial payment rather than paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
Policy discounts save money, but most credits do not apply to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. If you do the math and it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. Any amount of discount will positively reduce the amount you have to pay.
Large insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are:
- State Farm offers discounts for anti-theft, multiple policy, student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, multiple autos, and safe vehicle.
- Progressive may have discounts that include homeowner, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, online signing, and good student.
- Progressive has discounts for homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-policy, good student, online signing, online quote discount, and multi-vehicle.
- MetLife discounts include good student, defensive driver, good driver, accident-free, and claim-free.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including youthful driver, good student, safe driver, 55 and retired, and driver training.
- GEICO includes discounts for emergency military deployment, anti-lock brakes, federal employee, air bags, membership and employees, defensive driver, and driver training.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for teen safe driver, homeowner, teen safety rewards, safe driver, accident prevention training, anti-theft, and drive less.
If you need cheaper Plano car insurance quotes, ask each company which discounts you qualify for. Savings may not apply in Plano. To find insurers that offer multiple discounts in Plano, follow this link.
Protect more than your Stratus
Despite the high insurance cost for a Dodge Stratus in Plano, paying for car insurance serves several important purposes.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability in order to drive the car. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Stratus, most lenders will force you to buy full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may insure your Dodge for a lot more money and make you pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects both your Dodge Stratus and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for medical bills for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your car outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. The average driver in America is overpaying more than $869 every year so compare quotes from several companies every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
What if I want to buy from local Plano auto insurance agents?
A lot of people would rather talk to a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision Agents can answer important questions and give you someone to call. The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is you can get lower rates and still have a local agent. Buying from and supporting local insurance agents is definitely important in Plano.
Upon completion of this quick form, your information is emailed to local insurance agents in Plano that can give you free Plano car insurance quotes for your business. You don’t have to search for an agent due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. If you wish to quote rates from a specific auto insurance provider, just jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Below is a list of insurers in Plano that can give you rate quotes for Dodge Stratus insurance in Plano.
- A-Z Insurance Agency
1110 E Parker Rd #106 – Plano, TX 75074 – (972) 200-5070 – View Map
- Brian Slack – State Farm Insurance Agent
8612 Preston Rd d119 – Plano, TX 75024 – (972) 384-2660 – View Map
- Sterling Insurance Group
3415 Custer Rd #161 – Plano, TX 75023 – (972) 964-4825 – View Map
- A and H Insurance
2504 K Ave #400 – Plano, TX 75074 – (972) 423-4348 – View Map
Picking the best insurer should depend on more than just the premium amount. Below are some questions you should ask.
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- When do they do policy reviews?