Pricey Toyota Prius Prime insurance in Plano can empty your savings account and put the squeeze on your family’s finances. Doing a price comparison is an excellent way to lower your monthly bill.
A recent car insurance study discovered that over 70% of consumers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for four years or more, and nearly 40% of drivers have never taken the time to shop around. American insurance shoppers could pocket $859 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to save money by comparing rate quotes. Multiple insurance companies compete to insure your vehicles, and because of this it can be hard to compare car insurance companies to find the lowest cost out there.
You should make it a habit to do price comparisons yearly since insurance prices tend to go up over time. Even if you think you had the best price on Toyota Prius Prime insurance in Plano six months ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate quote today. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the fastest and easiest way to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
Companies offering low-cost Toyota Prius Prime rate quotes in Plano, TX
The companies shown below offer price comparisons in Plano, TX. To locate cheap auto insurance in TX, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Save with these six discounts on Toyota Prius Prime insurance in Plano
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available that may help make it more affordable. Certain credits will be shown at the time of quoting, but some need to be requested specifically prior to getting the savings. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you may be paying too high a price.
- Telematics Discount – Plano drivers who agree to allow driving data collection to scrutinize their driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive may see discounts as long as they are good drivers.
- One Accident Forgiven – This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like Liberty Mutual, GEICO and Allstate allow you one accident before they charge you more for coverage with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to the accident.
- Senior Citizen Rates – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for a slight reduction on a Plano car insurance quote.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you can combine your home and auto policy and insure them both with the same insurance company you may save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Organization Discounts – Having an affiliation with a professional or civic organization could earn you a nice discount when shopping for insurance.
- Safe Driver Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less as compared to drivers with claims.
We need to note that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren’t that lucky.
Popular insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are:
- Progressive offers discounts for good student, homeowner, continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
- AAA may offer discounts for good student, pay-in-full, anti-theft, good driver, multi-car, and education and occupation.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including pay in full, multi-car, mature driver, youthful driver, and early shopping.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for good student, driver training, multi-policy, military active duty, and anti-theft.
- Esurance has discounts for renters, emergency road assistance, Pac-12 alumni, multi-policy, and safety device.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include bundle discounts, drive less, multi-car, teen safety rewards, and teen safe driver.
- State Farm may include discounts for good driver, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, multiple autos, driver’s education, and anti-theft.
When quoting, ask each company or agent how many discounts you can get. Some discounts may not apply in Plano. To locate insurance companies who offer discounts in Plano, click this link.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a local neighborhood Plano car insurance agent
A lot of people just want to go talk to an agent. Good agents can make sure you are properly covered and help in the event of a claim. An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain lower rates and still choose a local agent. Buying insurance from neighborhood agents is definitely important in Plano.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your auto insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, just visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
If you would like to find a local Plano insurance agency, it’s important to understand the different types of agents and how they operate. Auto insurance policy providers are either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either type can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s a good idea to understand the differences because it can impact the selection process.
Independent agents do not write with just one company so they can write business with an assortment of companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If prices rise, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to do anything. If you are comparing auto insurance prices, you need to include price quotes from a couple of independent agencies to get the best comparison.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agents in Plano that can give you free price quotes.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel have only one company to place business with like State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are well schooled in insurance sales which aids in selling service over price.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Plano that are able to give price quote information.
Finding a good insurance agency requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions to ask:
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Plano?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
Learn about car insurance coverages for a Toyota Prius Prime
Having a good grasp of your policy can be of help when determining the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Shown next are the usual coverages found on the average car insurance policy.
This coverage covers damage to your Prius Prime resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers things like damaging your car on a curb, driving through your garage door and crashing into a building. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. You can also choose a higher deductible on your Prius Prime to bring the cost down.
This covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, rock chips in glass, hitting a bird, hail damage and damage from flooding. The maximum amount your car insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Liability auto insurance
Liability coverage will cover damage that occurs to other’s property or people. It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have liability limits of 30/60/25 which means $30,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $60,000 in injury protection per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property. Another option is one number which is a combined single limit which limits claims to one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage pays for things such as funeral expenses, medical expenses, legal defense fees and repair costs for stationary objects. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but you should buy as much as you can afford. Texas state minimum liability requirements are 30/60/25 but you should consider buying more coverage.
The next chart demonstrates why minimum state limits may not provide you with enough coverage.
Medical expense coverage
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for immediate expenses like doctor visits, X-ray expenses, dental work and hospital visits. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (which is 30/60/25), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea. Usually these limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Best car insurance company in Plano
Buying coverage from the best auto insurance provider can be challenging considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Texas. The ranking data shown next could help you select which car insurance companies to look at shopping your coverage with.
Top 10 Plano Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- AAA Insurance
Top 10 Plano Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
Lower rates by being persistent
Low-cost Toyota Prius Prime insurance in Plano can be purchased on the web and from local agencies, so get free Plano car insurance quotes from both of them to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies may not have the ability to get quotes online and usually these smaller providers only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
When trying to cut insurance costs, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are a lot of situations where someone dropped full coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price, but do not skimp to save money.
We covered a lot of tips how to reduce Toyota Prius Prime insurance car insurance rates online in Plano. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from a small mutual company. Smaller companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Steps to finding cheaper Toyota Prius Prime insurance in Plano
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find cheaper prices for Toyota Prius Prime insurance is to begin comparing prices regularly from providers that sell auto insurance in Plano.
- Spend some time learning about policy coverages and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that cause high rates like high-risk driving behaviors and a negative credit score can be remedied by paying attention to minor details.
- Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple sources.
- Compare the new rates to your existing policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you can save money, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
The key thing to remember is to try to use identical deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to look at every insurance company. Doing this ensures an accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Used Cars in Plano? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Plano Auto Insurance Rates for Inexperienced Drivers? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)