Astonishing but true, almost 70% of insureds in Texas have remained with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never even shopped around for cheaper coverage. American drivers could save nearly $850 a year by just shopping around, but they just don't understand how easy it is to compare rates online.
It takes a little time, but the best way to find more affordable Pontiac GTO insurance is to regularly compare quotes from insurers who provide auto insurance in Plano.
- Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about auto insurance and the things you can control to prevent high rates. Many factors that cause rate increases such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and poor credit can be amended by paying attention to minor details.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies. View companies
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing rates to determine if you can save on GTO insurance. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Step 4: Provide proper notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment for your new policy. Once the application is submitted, safely store the certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location.
One thing to point out is to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on every price quote and to quote with every company you can. Doing this guarantees a fair price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Best Pontiac GTO insurance prices in Texas
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Plano, TX. If you wish to find the best cheap auto insurance in TX, it's highly recommended you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Lower-cost Plano car insurance rates with discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but companies offer discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. A few discounts will automatically apply when you quote, but occasionally some discounts must be inquired about before you will receive the discount.
- Multiple Vehicles - Insuring primary and secondary vehicles with the same car insurance company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Driver Education Discount - It's a good idea to have your young drivers take driver's ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Senior Discount - Seniors can get a slight reduction on a Plano auto insurance quote.
- Sign Online - Some car insurance companies provide a small discount just for signing your application on the web.
- Sign Early and Save - A few insurance companies give discounts for buying a policy prior to your current GTO insurance policy expiration. This can save 10% or more.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Buying a new car instead of a used GTO can get you a discount because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Air Bag Discount - Factory options such as air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Defensive Driver Discounts - Passing a course that instructs on driving safety could save 5% or more and also improve your driving technique.
Consumers should know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won't be that lucky.
Some of the insurance companies that may offer quotes with these benefits include:
If you are trying to find low cost Plano auto insurance quotes, ask every prospective company which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts might not be available to policyholders in Plano.
It's not one size fits all
Always keep in mind that when comparing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn't really a single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's so your insurance should reflect that For instance, these questions may help you determine if you might need professional guidance.
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- Who is covered when they drive my Pontiac GTO?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area.
Comparing prices from local Plano insurance agencies
A lot of people would prefer to talk to a local agent and that can be a smart move A good thing about price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find better rates and also buy local. Buying insurance from local insurance agents is definitely important in Plano.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, the coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Plano who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to contact an agency since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND an agent nearby. If you need to compare rates from a specific insurance provider, you just need to visit that company's website to submit a rate quote request.
Two types of Plano car insurance agents
When finding a local Plano insurance agency, there are two types of insurance agents and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance agents are considered either exclusive or independent.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents do not sell for just one brand so they can write business through many companies depending on which coverage is best. If you want to switch companies, the business is moved internally and you stay with the same agent.
When comparing rates, we recommend you include price quotes from independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison. Most can insure with smaller mutual companies which may have better rates.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agents in Plano who can help you get price quote information.
- A-Z Insurance Agency
1110 E Parker Rd #106 - Plano, TX 75074 - (972) 200-5070 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Nicholas Arthur Purvis Agency
5600 Tennyson Pkwy #243 - Plano, TX 75024 - (972) 665-9975 - View Map
- A and H Insurance
2504 K Ave #400 - Plano, TX 75074 - (972) 423-4348 - View Map
Exclusive agents are contracted to one company like State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. They are unable to provide other company's prices so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are well trained on sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. Drivers often choose to use an exclusive agent primarily because of the brand legacy and solid financial strength.
The following are Plano exclusive insurance agents that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Mike Warren - State Farm Insurance Agent
2100 Dallas Pkwy #110 - Plano, TX 75093 - (972) 403-1060 - View Map
- Burl Wood - State Farm Insurance Agent
3608 Preston Rd #200 - Plano, TX 75093 - (972) 867-0090 - View Map
- Bob Redding - State Farm Insurance Agent
6833 Coit Rd #100 - Plano, TX 75024 - (972) 618-4300 - View Map
Deciding on a auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. Some important questions to ask are:
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
Frequent quotes can save
As you shop your coverage around, you should never buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where an insured dropped full coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The aim is to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost, but do not skimp to save money.
Cheaper Pontiac GTO insurance in Plano is attainable from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare rates from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers may not provide internet price quotes and these small insurance companies work with independent insurance agents.
Even more information is located in these articles:
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- How Much are Plano Car Insurance Quotes for a Mazda CX-7? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Car Insurance in Plano, Texas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Single Moms in Plano? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Plano Auto Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Silverado? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Low Mileage Drivers in Plano? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)