The easiest way to quote cheaper car insurance rates in Plano is to regularly compare quotes from different companies who sell auto insurance in Texas.
- Try to learn about how insurance works and the measures you can take to lower rates. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates such as getting speeding tickets and your credit history can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Notify your company or agent to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a completed policy application and payment for the new policy. As soon as coverage is bound, safely store the certificate of insurance in your vehicle.
An important part of this process is to use the same amount of coverage on each quote request and and to analyze as many different insurance providers as possible. This provides the most accurate price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Unthinkable but true, nearly 70% of customers have bought auto insurance from the same company for four years or more, and 38% of customers have never compared rates to find affordable insurance. American drivers could pocket $859 a year by just shopping around, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to find affordable auto insurance rates.
If you’re already insured or want to find a cheaper company, take advantage of these tips to lower your rates and still get good coverage. Finding quotes for the lowest cost car insurance policy in Plano is not as time-consuming as you think. Consumers just need to understand the quickest way to compare rate quotes online.
Most of the larger companies give insurance quotes direct online. Getting online quotes for Nissan Leaf insurance in Plano is easy for anyone as you simply enter the amount of coverage you want into the quote form. After you complete the form, their quoting system automatically retrieves credit information and your driving record and generates a price based on the information you submitted.
This makes it simple to compare prices and it’s very important to have as many quotes as possible in order to find the cheapest price.
To save time and use this form to compare rates, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you type in deductibles and limits as shown on your current policy. This guarantees you are getting a rate comparison for similar insurance coverage.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in Texas. In order to find the best cheap car insurance in TX, it’s a good idea that you get rate quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Save money on Nissan Leaf insurance in Plano with these discounts
Insurance can be pricey, but you might be missing out on some discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you purchase, but some discounts are required to be requested specifically before they will apply.
- Claim Free – Claim-free drivers can earn big discounts as compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Good Student – Getting good grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
- No Charge for an Accident – This isn’t a discount exactly, but companies like Progressive, Allstate, and Liberty Mutual may permit one accident without raising rates so long as you haven’t had any claims for a certain period of time.
- Paperless Signup – Certain companies will provide an incentive for signing up on the internet.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Purchasing coverage when you have all your vehicles on the same insurance policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings of 25 to 30%.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying a new car instead of a used Leaf is cheaper due to better safety requirements for newer models.
- Own a Home – Owning your own home or condo can get you a discount because of the fact that having a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Drivers Education – Teen drivers should enroll in driver’s education if offered at their school.
Keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Despite the fact that it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
Large insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are shown below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for Drive Safe & Save, good driver, defensive driving training, anti-theft, and multiple autos.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online signing, continuous coverage, homeowner, and good student.
- Progressive offers discounts for good student, homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and online signing.
- MetLife may offer discounts for good student, claim-free, accident-free, good driver, and defensive driver.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for youthful driver, safe driver, multi-policy, driver training, good student, and renewal discount.
- GEICO has savings for seat belt use, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, air bags, and five-year accident-free.
- SAFECO includes discounts for anti-lock brakes, teen safe driver, anti-theft, drive less, and teen safety rewards.
Double check with all the companies which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts might not be available to policyholders in Plano. To find insurance companies offering insurance discounts in Plano, click this link.
What Determines Nissan Leaf Insurance Rates?
Consumers need to have an understanding of a few of the rating criteria that go into determining the level of your policy premiums. When consumers understand what determines base rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs. Many factors are considered when you get a price on insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving history, but some are more obscure like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility.
Never let your coverage expire – Going without insurance is a sure-fire way to increase your car insurance rates. And not only will your rates increase, being ticketed for driving with no insurance will get you fines and jail time. Then you may be required to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Texas department of motor vehicles.
Vehicles with better crash test results cost less to insure – Vehicles with good safety scores get lower rates. Safe vehicles protect occupants better and fewer injuries means less money paid by your insurance company which can result in lower premiums.
Do thieves like your car? – Owning a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can save you some money. Advanced theft deterrents like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms can help prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
Stay claim-free and save – If you file claims often, you can look forward to higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Auto insurance companies in Texas generally give cheaper rates to drivers who do not file claims often. Your insurance policy is designed for more catastrophic claims.
Bump up deductibles to lower rates – Coverage for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, insures against damage to your Nissan. Examples of covered claims would be a broken windshield, damage caused by hail, and damage caused by flying debris. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles state the amount of money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before your car insurance pays a claim. The larger the amount you’re willing to pay, the better rate you will receive.
Excellent credit equals lower rates – An insured’s credit rating is a large factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. Therefore, if your credit rating is lower than you’d like, you could pay less to insure your Nissan Leaf by spending a little time repairing your credit. Insureds that have good credit tend to file fewer claims than those with poor credit scores.
Insurance loss data for Nissan Leaf vehicles – Insurance companies include the past claim history for a vehicle when they calculate premium costs for each model. Models that tend to have higher claim amounts or frequency will cost more for specific coverages. The table below shows the collected loss data for Nissan Leaf vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles averaged together is a value of 100. Values that are below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while numbers above 100 point to more losses or a tendency for claims to be larger.
|Specific Nissan Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Nissan Leaf Electric||89||84||45||83||64||76|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
You may need advice from an insurance agency
A small number of people still prefer to buy from a local agent and that can be a smart move Agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help you file claims. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find better rates and still choose a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to agents in your area that can give you free Plano car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to leave your computer because prices are sent to you instantly. If you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Finding a good company should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions to ask:
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
If you are wanting to find a good insurance agency, there are two types of insurance agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance policy providers are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both types can properly insure your vehicles, but it is a good idea to know how they are different since it can impact which agent you choose.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive normally can only provide a single company’s rates and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide other company’s prices so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agencies are very knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps them compete with independent agents. Drivers often use the same agent mainly due to the brand legacy rather than having the cheapest rates.
Below is a list of exclusive agents in Plano that are able to give price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: John Clements
2500 Dallas Pkwy Ste 150 – Plano, TX 75093 – (972) 312-1800 – View Map
- Ron Bowser – State Farm Insurance Agent
6205 Chapel Hill Blvd STE 500 – Plano, TX 75093 – (972) 378-0824 – View Map
- Joseph Jackson – State Farm Insurance Agent
7920 Preston Rd #300 – Plano, TX 75024 – (972) 690-9090 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Independent agencies do not sell for just one brand so they can write business with an assortment of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they quote lower rates, your agent can switch companies and you stay with the same agent.
When comparing rates, we highly recommend that you compare quotes from independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most also write with additional companies that you may not be familiar with that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Plano that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Choice Insurance LLC
5045 Bridge Creek Dr – Plano, TX 75093 – (469) 467-6379 – View Map
- Plano, TX Car Insurance – The Gallovich Insurance Agency
1145 14th St #2117 – Plano, TX 75074 – (972) 398-0001 – View Map
- Royalty Insurance Agency
5048 Tennyson Pkwy #250 – Plano, TX 75024 – (972) 801-9188 – View Map
After getting good feedback to these questions and affordable Nissan Leaf insurance rates in Plano quotes, chances are good that you have found a car insurance agent that is a good match to properly insure your vehicles. It’s important to know that it’s your coverage and you can terminate your policy when you choose so don’t feel that you are obligated to a policy with no way out.
Smart consumers save more
We just presented some good ideas how to lower your Nissan Leaf insurance car insurance rates in Plano. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Nissan Leaf rate quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Insureds switch companies for a variety of reasons including poor customer service, policy cancellation, extreme rates for teen drivers and high rates after DUI convictions. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new insurance company is actually quite simple.
Some companies don’t offer the ability to get quotes online and these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent agents. Cost effective Nissan Leaf insurance is definitely available both online and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best selection.
Additional insurance information is available at the links below
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Plano Car Insurance Quotes for College Graduates? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Young Drivers in Plano? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Plano Car Insurance for a Nissan Sentra? (FAQ)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)