It's well known that car insurance companies don't want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Consumers who perform rate comparisons are likely to buy a new policy because of the high probability of finding a lower rate. A recent study showed that people who shopped around every year saved as much as $70 a month as compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If finding budget-friendly Land Rover LR3 insurance is your ultimate objective, then understanding the best way to quote and compare car insurance can make it easier to find better rates.
The preferred way to get more affordable Land Rover LR3 insurance is to annually compare prices from insurance carriers who sell insurance in Plano. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
- Spend some time learning about how insurance companies determine prices and the measures you can control to prevent rate increases. Many factors that result in higher rates like inattentive driving and an imperfect credit score can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple companies. View a list of agents
- Compare the price quotes to your existing coverage and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find better rates and make a switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company of your decision to cancel your current policy and submit payment and a completed application to the new company. Immediately put the new proof of insurance certificate with your vehicle's registration.
An important bit of advice to remember is to use the same level of coverage on every price quote and and to get price quotes from every company you can. This enables an apples-to-apples comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Most major insurance companies such as State Farm and Allstate make it easy to get coverage prices from their websites. Getting quotes for Land Rover LR3 insurance in Plano is quite easy because you just enter the coverage amounts you desire as detailed in the form. Once entered, their system will order credit information and your driving record and quotes a price based on these and other factors.
Quoting online for Land Rover LR3 insurance in Plano simplifies rate comparisons, and it's necessary to do this if you are searching for the lowest payment.
If you want to compare rates using this form now, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have a policy now, it's recommended you replicate the coverage information exactly as shown on your declarations page. This guarantees you're receiving a price comparison using the same coverage and limits.
The car insurance companies shown below can provide free rate quotes in Plano, TX. If you want cheaper car insurance in Plano, we recommend you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Best reasons to buy insurance in Texas
Despite the high insurance cost for a Land Rover LR3 in Plano, maintaining insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, almost every bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank will be required to insure your Land Rover for a lot more money and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects not only your Land Rover LR3 but also your assets. It also can pay for medical expenses that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially if you ever need it. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays as much as $810 a year so compare rate quotes every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Don't overlook these nine Land Rover LR3 insurance discounts
Buying auto insurance is not cheap, but you might already qualify for some discounts to cut the cost considerably. Some of these discounts will be visible when you complete an application, but once in a while a discount must be manually applied prior to getting the savings. If you are not receiving all the discounts possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- Good Students Pay Less - A discount for being a good student may save you up to 25%. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Seat Belt Usage - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts could save 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Distant College Student Discount - Kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home without a vehicle on campus could qualify for this discount.
- Military Rewards - Having an actively deployed family member may lower your auto insurance rates slightly.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers - Drivers who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Bundle and Save - If you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you may save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Cars with anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency so companies will give you a small discount.
- First Accident Forgiveness - Not necessarily a discount, but some companies like Allstate, Progressive, and GEICO allow you one accident without the usual rate increase if your claims history is clear for a certain period of time.
One last thing about discounts, many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Even though it may seem like you could get a free auto insurance policy, companies wouldn't make money that way.
To locate insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Plano, click here to view.
Compare rate quotes but work with a local neighborhood Plano car insurance agent
A lot of people would rather buy from a licensed agent and that can be a great decision Most agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help file insurance claims. The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is that you can obtain cheap car insurance quotes and still have a local agent. Supporting local agents is important particularly in Plano.
Once you complete this simple form, the quote information is emailed to participating agents in Plano who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to do any legwork due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, just visit that company's website and complete a quote there.
If you would like to find a good insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Agencies in Plano can be categorized as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either can sell and service car insurance coverage, but it's important to know why they differ since it may influence buying decisions.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent often have affiliation with several companies so they can insure your vehicles with a variety of different insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency. If you are comparing rate quotes, we recommend you get rate quotes from multiple independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Many can place coverage with different regional companies which could offer lower prices.
Featured below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Plano that can give you pricing information.
- VGW Insurance
4040 McDermott Rd #200 - Plano, TX 75024 - (972) 668-1000 - View Map
- Guest Insurance Agency
903 18th St Ste 124 - Plano, TX 75074 - (972) 424-4209 - View Map
- Buckley Insurance Agency
3100 Independence Pkwy #216 - Plano, TX 75075 - (972) 665-0620 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive normally can only provide a single company's rates and examples are Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They usually cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents receive a lot of sales training on their products and sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers sometimes use the same exclusive agent mainly due to the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below are Plano exclusive insurance agencies that are able to give price quotes.
- Raymond Holden - State Farm Insurance Agent
6100 K Ave #106 - Plano, TX 75074 - (972) 424-5900 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Brad Williamson
4670 McDermott Rd #206 - Plano, TX 75024 - (972) 867-2778 - View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
1729 N Central Expy Suite A - Plano, TX 75075 - (972) 509-5600 - View Map
Picking an insurance agent shouldn't rely on just the bottom line cost. Any agent in Plano should have no problem answering these questions:
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- How long has their agency been open in Plano?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
Auto insurance coverage specifics
Understanding the coverages of your policy can be of help when determining the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Collision - This pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for claims like colliding with a tree, crashing into a building, colliding with another moving vehicle and crashing into a ditch. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible on your LR3 to bring the cost down.
Medical expense coverage - Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for bills such as hospital visits, EMT expenses and chiropractic care. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Comprehensive protection - This coverage pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as a broken windshield, hitting a bird, damage from flooding and rock chips in glass. The highest amount a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it's probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage - This protects you and your vehicle's occupants from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle's occupants as well as damage to your Land Rover LR3.
Since many Texas drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (which is 30/60/25), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Normally your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Liability coverages - This can cover damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see liability limits of 30/60/25 which stand for $30,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000. Some companies may use a combined limit which provides one coverage limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as bail bonds, loss of income, repair costs for stationary objects, repair bills for other people's vehicles and structural damage. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but it's cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible. Texas requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/25 but you should think about purchasing higher limits.
The illustration below demonstrates why the minimum limit may not be adequate coverage.
Persistence pays off
The cheapest Land Rover LR3 insurance in Plano is attainable both online as well as from independent agents in Plano, so you need to shop Plano car insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies may not provide rate quotes online and most of the time these regional carriers work with independent agencies.
Insureds leave their current company for a variety of reasons including lack of trust in their agent, high rates after DUI convictions, extreme rates for teen drivers and policy non-renewal. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new insurance company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
When buying insurance coverage, it's a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where an insured dropped collision coverage only to find out that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best possible price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be read at these sites:
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Electric Cars in Plano? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 70 in Plano? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Plano Auto Insurance Rates for Inexperienced Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Rogue in Plano? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a School Permit in Plano? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Plano Auto Insurance Rates for Hybrid Vehicles? (FAQ)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)