How long have you put off shopping around for lower-priced Kia Spectra insurance in Plano? Locating better insurance prices for a Kia Spectra in Texas could be an all-consuming task, but you can learn our car insurance buying tips and make it easy. There are more efficient ways to compare car insurance rates so you're going to learn the best way to get price quotes for your Kia and get the best price possible from both online companies and Plano agents.
Smart consumers take time to do price comparisons periodically because rates go up and down regularly. Even if you got the best premium rates on Kia Spectra insurance in Plano a year ago a different company probably has better prices today. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because you're about to learn the proper way to buy cheaper Kia Spectra insurance in Plano.
If you're already insured or just want to save money, use these techniques to find the best rates without sacrificing coverage. Finding quotes for the most affordable policy in Plano is not that difficult. Drivers just need to learn the fastest way to compare different rates on the web.
How to compare Plano Kia Spectra insurance price quotes
Many insurance companies provide price estimates on their websites. Getting quotes for Kia Spectra insurance in Plano is pretty painless as you simply type in your coverage preferences into the form. Once you submit the form, the company's rating system orders your driving record and credit report and returns a price quote based on many factors.
Getting online rate quotes for Kia Spectra insurance in Plano makes it simple to compare prices and it's also necessary to get many rate quotes in order to get lower-cost insurance pricing.
To fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you complete the form with the insurance coverages as shown on your current policy. This way, you will have a price comparison for similar insurance coverage.
The companies shown below offer price quotes in Texas. If your goal is to find the best car insurance in Plano, we recommend you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Why you need insurance
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Kia Spectra in Plano, insuring your vehicle serves several important purposes.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, more than likely the lender will require you to buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank may insure your Kia at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Kia gets damaged, your policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially for larger claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is wasting up to $820 a year so we recommend shopping around once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
Slash rates with these rate reducing discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but there could be significant discounts that you may not even be aware of. Some trigger automatically at the time of purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be specially asked for before you get the savings.
- Early Renewal Discounts - A few companies give discounts for buying a policy before your current Spectra insurance policy expires. You could save around 10% when you buy Plano auto insurance online.
- Distant Student - Kids who live away from home to go to college and do not have a car could qualify for this discount.
- Discount for Multiple Policies - When you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you could earn a discount of up to 20% off your total Spectra insurance premium.
- Defensive Driving Course - Completing a class that teaches safe driver techniques could cut 5% off your bill if you qualify.
- Homeowners Savings - Owning a house in Plano may trigger a policy discount on car insurance since owning and maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
We need to note that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
A list of car insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are included below.
- GEICO may include discounts for air bags, military active duty, seat belt use, emergency military deployment, daytime running lights, multi-policy, and anti-theft.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has discounts for mature driver, paperless, group or association, company car, and paid in full.
- American Family offers discounts including multi-vehicle, mySafetyValet, good driver, early bird, good student, and Steer into Savings.
- Esurance offers premium reductions for anti-theft, good driver, claim free, renters, multi-policy, online quote, and multi-car.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including good student, multi-vehicle, homeowner, online quote discount, multi-policy, online signing, and continuous coverage.
- State Farm has savings for driver's education, multiple policy, student away at school, good student, good driver, safe vehicle, and Drive Safe & Save.
- AAA may have discounts that include multi-policy, good driver, good student, pay-in-full, education and occupation, and anti-theft.
Before you buy a policy, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you qualify for. Savings might not be available to policyholders in Plano. To view insurers with the best discounts in Texas, click this link.