How long has it been since you compared lower-priced Honda Clarity insurance in Plano? Having to pay for pricey car insurance in Plano can drain your budget and make it tough to pay other bills.
We don't have to point out that fact that auto insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Consumers who shop around for the cheapest price will probably switch companies because they have good chances of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A study showed that drivers who shopped around saved $865 annually as compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If saving money on car insurance is why you're here, then knowing how to quote prices and compare coverage rates can make it easier to find better rates.
Companies like Allstate, Progressive and GEICO promote their brand names with advertising and it is challenging if not impossible to ignore the flashy ads and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
It's important to price shop coverage before your policy renews because insurance prices change quite often. If you had the lowest rates on Honda Clarity insurance in Plano two years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. There is a lot of wrong information about Clarity insurance online but you can learn some solid techniques on how to find cheap car insurance in Plano.
Buy Plano Honda Clarity insurance online
All the larger car insurance companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Progressive give prices on their websites. The process is quite easy as you just type in your coverage preferences into the quote form. Once you submit the form, their system obtains your credit score and driving record and generates a price. This makes comparing rates easy, and it's absolutely necessary to have as many quotes as possible in order to get cheap rates.
If you want to compare pricing, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you input coverages and limits identical to your current policy. Doing this guarantees you're receiving rate quotes using the same coverage and limits.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Plano, TX. If your goal is to find the cheapest auto insurance in Plano, we suggest you visit several of them to get the most affordable price.
Plano insurance discounts for a Honda Clarity
Car insurance is not cheap, but you may find discounts that many people don't even know exist. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time of purchase, but some must be asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- 55 and Retired - Older drivers are able to get better auto insurance rates.
- Braking Control Discount - Cars and trucks equipped with ABS or steering control are safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on Clarity insurance in Plano.
- Good Student Discount - This discount can earn a discount of 20% or more. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Include Life Insurance and Save - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a break if you buy life insurance.
- Driving Data Discount - Policyholders that allow companies to look at driving manner by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as State Farm's In-Drive might see lower rates if they are good drivers.
- Discount for Swiching Early - Some auto insurance companies reward drivers for renewing your policy before your current Clarity insurance policy expires. You could save around 10% when you buy Plano car insurance online.
- Savings for New Vehicles - Buying coverage on a new vehicle can save you some money because new model year vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices can help prevent theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Plano Homeowners Discount - Being a homeowner can help you save on auto insurance because of the fact that having a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Safety Course Discount - Taking time to complete a course in defensive driving can save you 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
One thing to note about discounts is that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like adding up those discounts means a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
The best auto insurance companies and some of the discounts can be read below.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for safe driver, 55 and retired, driver training, renewal discount, good student, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for good student, multi-car, newly retired, hybrid vehicle, preferred payment discount, new move discount, and new vehicle discount.
- State Farm has discounts for accident-free, driver's education, Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, good driver, anti-theft, and good student.
- Auto-Owners Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including paid in full, teen driver, multiple vehicles, student away at school, anti-theft, and anti-lock brakes.
- GEICO offers discounts including daytime running lights, five-year accident-free, multi-policy, defensive driver, military active duty, and multi-vehicle.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for multi-car, accident prevention training, homeowner, bundle discounts, and anti-theft.
If you need affordable Plano car insurance quotes, ask all the companies to apply every possible discount. Some discounts might not be available to policyholders everywhere.
You may need advice from a local insurance agent
A small number of people would prefer to talk to a local agent and that is just fine! A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and also buy local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your insurance data is sent to companies in Plano who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact an agency because prices are sent directly to you. You can find better rates AND an agent nearby. In the event you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you can always jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Finding a good company should depend on more than just a low price. Any agent in Plano should be willing to answer these questions.
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
If you would like to find local Plano agents, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies and how they operate. Car insurance agents can be described as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies have only one company to place business with such as State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. They are unable to provide other company's prices so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training on their company's products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Plano who may provide you with comparison quotes.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent often have affiliation with several companies and that allows them to write policies with many different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If you want to switch companies, your agent can switch companies and that require little work on your part. If you need cheaper car insurance rates, we highly recommend that you include price quotes from a few independent agents for the best price selection.
Below is a short list of independent agencies in Plano that can give you comparison quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Nicholas Arthur Purvis Agency
5600 Tennyson Pkwy #243 - Plano, TX 75024 - (972) 665-9975 - View Map
If you feel you receive positive responses to all your questions and a low price estimate, it's a good possibility that you have found an insurance agency that can be trusted to provide car insurance coverage.
Will just any policy work for me?
When quoting and comparing a policy for your personal vehicles, there really isn't a "best" method to buy coverage. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
These are some specific questions can help discover whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Plano?
- Will damage be repaired with OEM parts?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
If you're not sure about those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Protect your Honda vehicle and other assets
Even though it can be expensive, insuring your vehicle serves an important purpose.
First, the majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your car, almost every bank will make it mandatory that you carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Honda at a more expensive rate and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
Third, insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. It will also cover most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly for liability claims. The average driver in America is wasting up to $855 a year so smart consumers compare quotes once a year at a minimum to save money.
Detailed coverages of your auto insurance policy
Learning about specific coverages of your auto insurance policy aids in choosing the best coverages for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Coverage for liability
Liability insurance can cover damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see policy limits of 30/60/25 which means $30,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $60,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against things such as funeral expenses, bail bonds and emergency aid. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but you should buy as much as you can afford. Texas state minimum liability requirements are 30/60/25 but you should think about purchasing more liability than the minimum.
The chart below shows why buying low liability limits may not be adequate coverage.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, theft, a broken windshield and falling objects. The maximum amount a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle's value is low it's not worth carrying full coverage.
Insurance for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for short-term medical expenses such as chiropractic care, dental work, pain medications and funeral costs. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. They cover you and your occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Collision coverage protection
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Clarity resulting from a collision with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers things such as driving through your garage door, crashing into a building, backing into a parked car, sustaining damage from a pot hole and scraping a guard rail. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. Another option is to bump up the deductible on your Clarity in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Honda Clarity.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits (which is 30/60/25), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Best car insurance in Plano
Choosing a good quality auto insurance company can be challenging considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Texas. The information below could help you analyze which providers you want to consider purchasing from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Persistence is the key to affordable rates
Drivers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, questionable increases in premium, unfair underwriting practices and even denial of a claim. It doesn't matter what your reason, choosing a new insurance company is easier than you think.
We've covered some good ideas how to get a better price on Honda Clarity insurance in Plano. It's most important to understand that the more companies you get premium rates for, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even discover the most savings is with a lesser-known regional company.
Some companies may not have online rate quotes and many times these smaller companies prefer to sell through local independent agents. Cheaper insurance in Plano is possible online as well as from insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
Steps to finding lower priced Honda Clarity insurance in Plano
The best way we recommend to get discount Honda Clarity insurance in Plano is to regularly compare prices from providers who provide car insurance in Texas. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
- Step 1: Read about how car insurance works and the factors you can control to prevent rate increases. Many factors that increase rates such as careless driving and a less-than-favorable credit score can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple sources. Compare rates now
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your current policy premium to see if cheaper Clarity coverage is available. If you find a lower rate quote, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
One piece of advice is to make sure you enter the same amount of coverage on each price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many different companies as possible. Doing this enables a fair price comparison and the best rate selection.
Much more information about insurance in Texas can be read at the links below
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Plano Car Insurance Quotes for a Mazda CX-7? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Learners Permit in Plano? (FAQ)
- How Much are Plano Auto Insurance Quotes for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Plano Auto Insurance for College Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Plano Car Insurance for Drivers with Accidents? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Uber Drivers in Plano? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford Focus in Plano? (FAQ)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)