Sick and tired of not being able to scrape enough together to buy insurance? You are in the same boat as many other Texas drivers.
It's an obvious conclusion that car insurance companies don't want customers comparing rates. People who compare rates annually will most likely switch to a new company because they have a good chance of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A recent survey found that consumers who compared price quotes annually saved on average $3,500 over four years compared to other drivers who never compared other company's rates.
If finding the lowest price for car insurance in Plano is the reason for your visit, then learning a little about how to quote prices and compare insurance can make it easier to find better rates.
How to save money on Chrysler Sebring insurance in Plano
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get more affordable auto insurance rates in Plano is to start doing a yearly price comparison from providers in Texas. This can be done by following these steps.
First, try to understand coverages and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that cause high rates such as at-fault accidents and a substandard credit history can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Second, compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple sources.
Third, compare the price quotes to your current policy premium and determine if cheaper Sebring coverage is available in Plano. If you find a lower rate and change companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Fourth, notify your agent or company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application for the new coverage. Once coverage is bound, put the certificate verifying coverage in an accessible location in your vehicle.
A key point to remember is that you use similar limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to compare as many companies as possible. Doing this ensures a level playing field and plenty of rates choose from.
Insurance companies such as State Farm, Farmers Insurance, GEICO and Allstate constantly bombard you with TV and radio ads and it is difficult to ignore the promise of big savings and take the time to shop coverage around.
It's smart to compare premium rates once or twice a year because prices change quite often. Even if you got the lowest price on Chrysler Sebring insurance in Plano six months ago you will most likely find a better rate today. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because it's time to teach you the things you must know in order to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
Chrysler Sebring Insurance Premiums Can Be Reduced
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the things that go into determining your premiums. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that can earn you big savings.
Pleasure use or commuting - The higher the mileage driven in a year's time the more it will cost to insure it. A lot of companies price each vehicle's coverage partially by how you use the vehicle. Autos left parked in the garage get more affordable rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Verify your auto insurance policy reflects annual mileage. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Sebring can cost quite a bit.
Prevent auto insurance lapses - Going without insurance is a guaranteed way to increase your renewal premiums. And not only will your rates increase, the inability to provide proof of insurance can result in fines and jail time. You may need to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Texas motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
Consolidate and save - Lots of auto insurance companies afford better rates to clients who buy several policies from them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, it's always a smart idea to comparison shop to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
The type of car makes a difference - The performance of the vehicle you are insuring makes a significant difference in your premium level. The lowest premiums are for lower performance four cylinder passenger cars, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
The data below is based on a single female driver age 40, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The chart compares Chrysler Sebring car insurance rates compared to other models of vehicles that have a range of performances.
Your credit rating is important - Credit history can be an important factor in determining premium rates. Insureds with very good credit scores tend to file fewer claims as compared to drivers with worse credit. If your credit history could use some work, you could be paying less to insure your Chrysler Sebring by repairing your credit.
More traffic equals higher premiums - Choosing to live in smaller towns and rural areas of the country has definite advantages if you are looking for the lowest rates. Drivers in populated areas have much more traffic and a longer drive to work. Fewer drivers and short commutes means reduced accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
Incidental coverages that aren't used - Policies have optional add-on coverages that can waste your money on your auto insurance policy. Things like replacement cost coverage, towing, and extra life insurance coverage may be wasting your money. They may seem good when deciding what coverages you need, but now you might not need them so think about removing them and cutting costs.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Texas. To locate the cheapest car insurance in Plano, it's a good idea that you visit as many as you can to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Premium rates and analysis
The rate table shown next covers detailed analysis of policy rates for Chrysler Sebring models. Learning as much as possible about how insurance quotes are determined can assist in making smart policy decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sebring Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$288||$672||$462||$28||$138||$1,588||$132|
|Sebring Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$288||$672||$462||$28||$138||$1,588||$132|
|Sebring LX 2-Dr Convertible||$326||$672||$462||$28||$138||$1,626||$136|
|Sebring Touring 2-Dr Convertible||$326||$672||$462||$28||$138||$1,626||$136|
|Sebring Limited 2-Dr Convertible||$362||$774||$462||$28||$138||$1,764||$147|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and homeowner. Information does not factor in garaging location in Plano which can raise or lower prices significantly.
Raise deductibles and save
One frequently asked question is how high should your deductibles be. The figures shown below help summarize how much more rates are between low and high policy deductibles. The first set of rates uses a $250 physical damage deductible and the second pricing table uses a $1,000 deductible.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sebring Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$294||$584||$382||$22||$114||$1,421||$118|
|Sebring Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$294||$584||$382||$22||$114||$1,421||$118|
|Sebring LX 2-Dr Convertible||$332||$584||$382||$22||$114||$1,459||$122|
|Sebring Touring 2-Dr Convertible||$332||$584||$382||$22||$114||$1,459||$122|
|Sebring Limited 2-Dr Convertible||$370||$672||$382||$22||$114||$1,585||$132|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sebring Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$182||$368||$382||$22||$114||$1,068||$89|
|Sebring Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$182||$368||$382||$22||$114||$1,068||$89|
|Sebring LX 2-Dr Convertible||$206||$368||$382||$22||$114||$1,092||$91|
|Sebring Touring 2-Dr Convertible||$206||$368||$382||$22||$114||$1,092||$91|
|Sebring Limited 2-Dr Convertible||$228||$424||$382||$22||$114||$1,170||$98|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Rates do not factor in your specific Plano location which can decrease or increase prices noticeably.
Using the data above, we can ascertain that using a $250 deductible will cost in the ballpark of $30 more each month or $360 annually than selecting the higher $1,000 deductible. Because you would be required to pay $750 more if you turn in a claim with a $1,000 deductible as compared to a $250 deductible, if you tend to go at least 25 months between claims, you would probably come out ahead if you elect the higher deductible. Here's a better example of how you can make your own decision.
|Average monthly premium for $250 deductibles:||$122|
|Average monthly premium for $1,000 deductibles (subtract):||- $92|
|Monthly savings from raising deductible:||$30|
|Difference between deductibles ($1,000 - $250):||$750|
|Divide difference by monthly savings:||$750 / $30|
|Number of months required between physical damage coverage claims in order to save money by choosing the higher deductible||25 months|
An important thing to remember is that higher deductibles results in having to pay to pay more out-of-pocket when you file a claim. You will want to have some extra funds in the event you have to pay more to get your vehicle repaired.
The diagram below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can increase or decrease Chrysler Sebring insurance rates for different age groups. The data assumes a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Full coverage versus liability only rates
The illustration below shows the comparison of Chrysler Sebring insurance costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. Data assumes no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied.
Should you buy full coverage or liability only?
There is no exact formula of when to eliminate comp and collision coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let's say your Chrysler Sebring book value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $7,000 after paying your policy deductible. If it's costing you more than $700 a year to have full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some cases where only buying liability is not a good plan. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you must maintain physical damage coverage to protect the lienholder's interest. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not remove full coverage.
Protect your Chrysler Sebring and other assets
Despite the high insurance cost for a Chrysler Sebring in Plano, insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, most lenders will require that you carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Chrysler at a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance protects both your Chrysler and your personal assets. Insurance will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying insurance more than offset the price you pay, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying over $830 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies each time the policy renews to make sure the price is not too high.
Companies offer many discounts on Chrysler Sebring insurance in Plano
Insurance is not inexpensive, but you may be missing some discounts that may help make it more affordable. Many discounts should be triggered at quote time, but some must be asked about prior to receiving the credit.
- Paper-free Discount - Many companies will give you a small discount just for signing your application on the internet.
- Multiple Vehicles - Buying a policy with more than one vehicle with the same insurance company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Passive Restraints - Options like air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Driving Data Discount - Drivers that enable their company to look at driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle like Allstate's Drivewise might see lower rates if they show good driving skills.
- Student in College - College-age children who live away from home at college without a vehicle on campus may be insured at a cheaper rate.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you're out of luck.
The diagram below shows the difference between Chrysler Sebring auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The data is based on a female driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-car, homeowner, claim-free, and marriage discounts applied.
A list of companies and their possible discounts can be read below.
- State Farm offers discounts including student away at school, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, and accident-free.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including mature driver, distant student, alternative fuel, multi-car, and bundle discounts.
- Progressive discounts include online signing, continuous coverage, online quote discount, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
- GEICO has discounts for driver training, defensive driver, emergency military deployment, multi-policy, membership and employees, air bags, and federal employee.
- Auto-Owners Insurance includes discounts for company car, safe vehicle, anti-lock brakes, teen driver, paid in full, group or association, and multiple vehicles.
- The Hartford offers discounts for driver training, good student, bundle, anti-theft, defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, and air bag.
- Farm Bureau has savings for renewal discount, 55 and retired, multi-vehicle, driver training, good student, safe driver, and youthful driver.
- USAA may include discounts for defensive driver, loyalty savings, vehicle storage, annual mileage, driver training, and safe driver.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all the companies to give you their best rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be available to policyholders in Plano.
Compare rates but work with a local Plano insurance agent
Many drivers would rather have an agent's advice and that is recommended in a lot of cases Good insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help in the event of a claim. The best thing about getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get lower rates but also keep your business local. And supporting neighborhood agents is important especially in Plano.
Upon completion of this quick form, the quote information is sent to insurance agents in Plano who will give you bids and help you find cheaper coverage. You don't have to leave your house since price quotes are sent to you instantly. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a particular provider, you would need to visit that company's website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Two different types of auto insurance agents
When searching for an insurance agent, there are a couple of different types of agents and how they operate. Agencies in Plano can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either can write policy coverage, but it is a good idea to know the difference in how they write coverage since it can affect buying decisions.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents can sell policies from many different companies so they have the ability to put coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move the coverage in-house which makes it simple for you.
When comparing car insurance rates, you definitely need to compare prices from at least one independent agent to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Featured below are independent agents in Plano that may be able to give price quote information.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies generally can only insure with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to give you multiple price quotes so always compare other rates. These agents are well trained on the products they sell which helps them compete with independent agents.
The following are exclusive agencies in Plano that are able to give comparison quotes.
Selecting an insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. Get answers to these questions too.
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Plano?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
Texas auto insurance companies
Finding a good quality insurance provider can be rather challenging considering how many companies sell coverage in Plano. The company rank data in the next section may help you select which auto insurance companies to look at comparing prices from.
Top 10 Plano Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Different people need different car insurance coverages
When quoting and choosing coverage online or from an agent, there really is no one size fits all plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and a cookie cutter policy won't apply. These are some specific questions can help discover if your situation might need an agent's assistance.
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
If you don't know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Lower rates by being persistent
When you buy Plano car insurance online, it's not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are a lot of situations where someone sacrificed liability coverage limits only to find out they didn't purchase enough coverage. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price and still be able to protect your assets.
We covered a lot of techniques to get a better price on Chrysler Sebring insurance in Plano. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you'll have of finding cheaper Plano car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest premium rates are with the smaller companies. Smaller companies often have lower prices on specific markets than their larger competitors like GEICO and State Farm.
Steps to finding cheaper rates for Chrysler Sebring insurance in Plano
The preferred way to find cheaper prices for auto insurance rates is to compare quotes annually from companies that sell auto insurance in Plano. Prices can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Try to comprehend how car insurance works and the things you can control to keep rates in check. Many factors that increase rates like your driving record and an unfavorable credit rating can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the quotes to your existing rates and see if there is a cheaper rate in Plano. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Tell your current company to cancel your current policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application to your new insurance company. Once the paperwork is finalized, keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is that you'll want to make sure you compare the same level of coverage on every quote request and and to get price estimates from all possible companies. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and maximum price selection.
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Plano? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Kia Optima in Plano? (FAQ)
- How Much are Plano Auto Insurance Quotes for Nurses? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Teenage Females in Plano? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Plano Auto Insurance for a Honda CR-V? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Welfare Recipients in Plano? (FAQ)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)