The best way to find cheaper quotes for Chrysler 300 insurance in Plano is to annually compare prices from different companies that insure vehicles in Texas.
- Take a few minutes and learn about policy coverages and the factors you can control to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices like traffic violations and a less-than-favorable credit history can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely. Continue reading for instructions to help find cheaper rates and find possible discounts that are available.
- Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices for many different companies.
- Compare the quotes to your current policy to determine if you can save on 300 insurance in Plano. If you find a lower rate and change companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Tell your current company to cancel the current policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application to the newly selected company. When you receive it, put the new certificate verifying proof of insurance along with your vehicle registration.
A good tip to remember is that you use similar deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to get rates from as many different companies as possible. Doing this ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough price selection.
Smart shoppers know that insurance companies don't want you to look for cheaper rates. Drivers who perform rate comparisons will presumably buy a new policy because there is a high probability of finding a more affordable policy. A study showed that people who compared prices once a year saved $70 a month compared to drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the lowest price for Chrysler 300 insurance in Plano is the reason you're here, then having a good understanding the best ways to find and compare insurance premiums can save time and money.
If you have a policy now or just want a better rate, use these techniques to get lower rates while maximizing coverage. The purpose of this post is to introduce you to the best methods to compare rates and also pocket some savings Consumers just need to use the fastest way to compare insurance rates from multiple carriers.
Getting more affordable insurance pricing is actually quite simple. Drivers just need to take the time comparing price quotes online from several insurance companies.
The providers in the list below offer free rate quotes in Plano, TX. To find cheap auto insurance in Plano, TX, it's highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Companies offering auto insurance don't always advertise the complete list of policy discounts very clearly, so we took the time to find some of the best known as well as some of the hidden credits available to you.
- Safe Driver Discounts - Drivers who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less as compared to drivers with claims.
- Save over 55 - Drivers over the age of 55 are able to get lower premium rates.
- Pay Early and Save - If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of making monthly payments you could save up to 5%.
- Paper-free Discount - A few larger online companies will give a small break shop Plano auto insurance on the internet.
- Bundled Policy Discount - If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy and place coverage with the same company you may save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Telematics Discount - People who choose to allow their insurance company to scrutinize vehicle usage by using a telematic data system like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm might get better premium rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Claim Free - Good drivers with no accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Plano auto insurance quote in comparison with bad drivers.
- No Charge for an Accident - Not a discount per se, but some insurance companies will forgive one accident before your rates go up with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Plano Homeowners Discount - Just owning your own home can save a few bucks because it requires a higher level of personal finance.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
The example below shows the comparison of Chrysler 300 insurance prices with and without discounts applied. The data assumes a female driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, marriage, and multi-car discounts applied.
Some companies who might offer some of the discounts shown above include:
It's a good idea to ask every prospective company to apply every possible discount. Discounts may not apply to policies in Plano. For a list of insurers that offer some of these discounts in Plano, click here.
Detailed insurance information
The price information displayed next highlights different rate quotes for Chrysler 300 models. Learning more about how insurance quotes are established is important for making informed purchases.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|300 Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$288||$594||$366||$22||$110||$1,380||$115|
|300 Touring Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$288||$594||$366||$22||$110||$1,380||$115|
|300 Touring AWD 4-Dr||$288||$594||$366||$22||$110||$1,380||$115|
|300 S V6 4-Dr Sedan||$288||$594||$366||$22||$110||$1,380||$115|
|300 Touring Signature 4-Dr Sedan||$288||$594||$366||$22||$110||$1,380||$115|
|300 Touring Executive 4-Dr Sedan||$288||$594||$366||$22||$110||$1,380||$115|
|300 Touring Signature AWD 4-Dr||$322||$682||$366||$22||$110||$1,502||$125|
|300 Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$322||$682||$366||$22||$110||$1,502||$125|
|300 C 4-Dr Sedan||$322||$682||$366||$22||$110||$1,502||$125|
|300 S V8 4-Dr Sedan||$322||$682||$366||$22||$110||$1,502||$125|
|300 Limited AWD 4-Dr||$322||$682||$366||$22||$110||$1,502||$125|
|300 C AWD 4-Dr||$322||$682||$366||$22||$110||$1,502||$125|
|300 SRT-8 4-Dr Sedan||$322||$682||$366||$22||$110||$1,502||$125|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Table data does not factor in vehicle location which can increase or decrease auto insurance rates considerably.
The example below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can raise or lower Chrysler 300 yearly insurance costs for different age groups. Data assumes a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Price comparison of only insuring for liability
The chart below shows the comparison of Chrysler 300 yearly insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage. The costs are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to buy liability coverage only
There is no definitive rule that works best for making the decision to drop comp and collision coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Chrysler 300 claim settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would receive is $8,000 after paying your deductible. If premiums are more than $800 a year to have full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some conditions where dropping full coverage is not advised. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Insurance is available from agents near you
Some people still like to visit with an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. Good agents can help you build your policy and help submit paperwork. A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you can get lower prices but still work with a licensed agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, the coverage information is transmitted to participating agents in Plano that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to contact any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered to you directly. If you have a need to compare rates from one company in particular, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Picking an provider is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Plano?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
If you want to use local Plano agents, there are a couple of different agency structures and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents can be described as either exclusive or independent. Both types can sell insurance policies, but it is important to understand the difference in the companies they write for since it may influence buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents work for only one company and examples are Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so you might not find the best rates. They are very knowledgeable on sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some people will only buy from the same agent for years mainly due to the brand and strong financial ratings.
Below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Plano that are able to give rate quotes.
- Kelly Cook - State Farm Insurance Agent
5068 W Plano Pkwy Ste 277 - Plano, TX 75093 - (972) 250-4700 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Tinh Tieu
1721 W Plano Pkwy Ste 127 - Plano, TX 75075 - (972) 596-5511 - View Map
- Christopher Walls - State Farm Insurance Agent
3308 Preston Rd #300 - Plano, TX 75093 - (972) 758-1111 - View Map
Agents of this type are not limited to a single company so as a result can place your coverage with multiple insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If prices rise, your agent can switch companies and you don't have to find a new agent. If you are comparing insurance prices, you need to get several quotes from several independent insurance agents to maximize your price options. A lot of them also have access to mutual insurance companies which may provide better rates.
Listed below is a list of independent agencies in Plano who can help you get rate quotes.
- Roger Welch Agency, LLC
2770 Main St #104 - Frisco, TX 75033 - (972) 380-6677 - View Map
- A R Schell and Son Agency
1001 E 15th St #100 - Plano, TX 75074 - (469) 609-8156 - View Map
- Sterling Insurance Group
3415 Custer Rd #161 - Plano, TX 75023 - (972) 964-4825 - View Map
After receiving good responses to any questions you may have as well as an affordable premium quote, you may have found an auto insurance agent that can be relied on to properly service your insurance policy.
Car insurance can be complex
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn't really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone's situation is unique.
For instance, these questions could help you determine whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Why You Might Pay Inflated Rates in Plano
The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at the factors that come into play when calculating your policy premiums. When consumers understand what influences your rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could help you find better car insurance rates.
- Incidental coverages can add up - There are quite a few additional coverages that may not really be needed if you aren't careful. Coverages for coverage for rental cars, towing coverage, and extra life insurance coverage may be costing you every month. The coverages may be enticing at first, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so consider taking them off your policy.
- Pleasure use or commuting - The higher the miles on your Chrysler every year the more it will cost to insure it. Most insurance companies price each vehicle's coverage based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars that sit idle most of the time can get a lower rate than those used for commuting. It's a good idea to make sure your policy states the correct usage, because it can save money. An incorrectly rated 300 may be costing you higher rates.
Tickets and citations cost more than a fine - Being a careful driver influences premium rates substantially. Careful drivers pay less for auto insurance than bad drivers. Having just one citation can increase rates by as much as thirty percent. Drivers unfortunate enough to have multiple violations like DUI or reckless driving may be required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
The diagram below illustrates how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents can influence Chrysler 300 premium costs for different age groups. The costs are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
- Use one insurance company and save - Lots of insurance companies apply lower prices to customers that buy multiple policies. It's known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can be ten or even fifteen percent. Even if you already get this discount, it's always a smart idea to check prices from other companies to ensure the best deal. You may still find lower rates even if you have your coverage with different companies
- An active car insurance claims history can cost more - Auto insurance companies in Texas generally give the lowest premiums to policyholders that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on higher rates. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of more catastrophic claims.
Does insurance cost more for men? - Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that females take fewer risks when driving. The data does not necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. Both sexes tend to get into at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but the men tend to have higher claims. Men also statistically receive more costly citations like DUI and reckless driving. Young men ages 16 to 20 tend to get in the most accidents and thus pay the highest rates.
The information below shows the comparison of Chrysler 300 insurance rates for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Chrysler 300 insurance loss statistics - Insurers factor in historical loss data when determining insurance rates. Vehicles that historically have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have a higher premium rate.
The table below illustrates the loss history for Chrysler 300 vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is considered to be 100. Percentage numbers below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while values over 100 point to more losses or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Chrysler 300 Models Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chrysler 300 2WD 115 103 178 134 136 114 Chrysler 300 4WD 109 100 206 113 96 104 Chrysler 300 HEMI 125 96 225 105 114 117BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Here's why insurance is not optional
Despite the high insurance cost for a Chrysler 300 in Plano, insuring your vehicle is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability in order to drive the car. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Chrysler 300, it's most likely the lender will have a requirement that you have insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your Chrysler for a much higher rate and require you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance preserves both your assets and your Chrysler. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying over $825 a year so you should quote rates once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Get the best coverage at the lowest price
Insureds change insurance companies for many reasons like an unsatisfactory settlement offer, unfair underwriting practices, delays in responding to claim requests and even policy cancellation. Whatever your reason, choosing a new company is easier than you think.
Some auto insurance companies do not offer online price quotes and many times these small, regional companies work with independent agents. Cheap Chrysler 300 insurance in Plano is attainable on the web and with local Plano insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both so you have a total pricing picture.
We've covered a lot of tips how to save on Chrysler 300 insurance in Plano. It's most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you'll have of finding cheaper Plano auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a lesser-known regional company.
To learn more, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a Toyota Highlander in Plano? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Plano Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Altima? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for 19 Year Olds in Plano? (FAQ)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)