Chevy Trax insurance image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
Astonishing but true according to a recent study, 70% of consumers have purchased from the same company for at least four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rates from other carriers. Many drivers in Plano could save themselves $1,766 a year by just comparing quotes, but most undervalue how much savings they would realize if they switch to a new company.
The best way we recommend to get more affordable Chevy Trax insurance is to start comparing prices regularly from providers in Plano.
- First, try to comprehend what is in your policy and the measures you can control to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates such as traffic citations and a bad credit score can be controlled by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Second, quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the price quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Plano. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
One thing to remember is to try to use similar limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get quotes from every insurance company. Doing this guarantees a fair rate comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Choosing the most cost-effective insurance policy in Plano is not rocket science. If you have insurance now, you should be able to get lower rates using this information. Consumers just need to learn the most effective way to shop their coverage around online.
The Chevy Trax Insurance Premium Equation
Lots of factors are used when premium rates are determined. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving record, but other factors are more transparent like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating. Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that go into determining your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that could help you find big savings.
- Increase comp and collision deductibles to save - Protection for physical damage, aka comp and collision, protects your Chevy from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply would be a windshield shattered by a rock, flood damage, and damage from a fallen tree branch. The deductibles you choose define how much you are required to pay before your auto insurance pays a claim. The more expense you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- How credit rating affects auto insurance premiums - Credit history is a big factor in determining premium rates. If your credit score can use some improvement, you could save money insuring your Chevrolet Trax if you improve your credit rating. Insureds that have good credit tend to be less risk to insure than drivers with lower credit scores.
- Stay claim-free and save - If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims don't be surprised to see increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Insurance companies in Texas generally give cheaper rates to people who file claims infrequently. Auto insurance is designed for claims that pose a financial burden.
- Better rates on cars with good safety ratings - Vehicles with good safety scores can get you lower premiums. Vehicles built for safety reduce occupant injuries and reduced instances of injuries means less claims paid and thus lower rates.
- Alarm systems save money - Driving a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can help lower your premiums. Theft prevention features like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM's OnStar system can help prevent vehicle theft.
Chevy Trax statistical loss data - Car insurance companies use historical loss data as a way to help calculate a profitable premium price. Models that the statistics show to have higher number or severity of losses will have a higher premium rate. The next table shows the insurance loss data used by companies for Chevy Trax vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is represented as 100. Values that are 100 or less are indicative of better than average losses, while values that are above 100 indicate frequent claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Chevrolet Trax Models Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Trax 4dr 2WD 79 Chevrolet Trax 4dr 4WD 81BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Lower-cost Plano car insurance quotes with discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there's a good chance there are discounts that you may not know about. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be manually applied before you get the savings.
- Lower Rates for Military - Having a deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Select insurance companies reward you with a lower car insurance rate if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Drive Less and Save - Fewer annual miles on your Chevy could earn discounted premium rates on garaged vehicles.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Vehicles with anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and will qualify for a discount on a Plano auto insurance quote.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Buying coverage for more than one vehicle on the same car insurance policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So even though you would think it's possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business. But all discounts will reduce the cost of your policy.
A partial list of companies that may include some of the discounts shown above include:
When comparing rates, check with each company or agent which discounts you qualify for. Savings might not be available to policyholders in your area. To see a list of providers with the best Chevy Trax insurance discounts in Texas, click here.
Ratings for Plano car insurance companies
Choosing a highly-rated auto insurance provider is difficult considering how many different companies sell coverage in Texas. The ranking information displayed below can help you pick which car insurance providers you want to consider comparing prices from.
Top 10 Plano Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers - A++
- USAA - A++
- GEICO - A++
- State Farm - A++
- Titan Insurance - A+
- Esurance - A+
- Progressive - A+
- The Hartford - A+
- Allstate - A+
- Nationwide - A+
Top 10 Plano Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA - 91%
- AAA Insurance - 90%
- Esurance - 90%
- Mercury Insurance - 89%
- Nationwide - 89%
- Travelers - 88%
- Progressive - 88%
- Safeco Insurance - 88%
- State Farm - 88%
- Allstate - 88%
We just covered quite a bit of information on how to find lower-cost Chevy Trax insurance in Plano. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers could even find that the lowest prices come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
When you buy Plano auto insurance online, it's not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at the lowest possible cost.
Some insurance companies don't offer online price quotes and most of the time these smaller providers sell through independent agencies. Affordable Chevy Trax insurance in Plano can be bought online as well as from independent agents in Plano, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis.
Additional information can be read on the following sites:
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Who Has Cheap Plano Auto Insurance for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 21 in Plano? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Kia Optima in Plano? (FAQ)
- How Much is Plano Auto Insurance for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Homeowners in Plano? (FAQ)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)