The easiest way to find low-cost prices for Chevy TrailBlazer insurance is to compare prices annually from companies who provide auto insurance in Plano.
Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can take to prevent high rates. Many things that result in higher prices such as at-fault accidents and a not-so-good credit score can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details.
Step 2: Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple companies.
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium to determine if you can save on TrailBlazer insurance. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Step 4: Notify your company or agent of your intention to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment to your new company or agent. Be sure to safely store the proof of insurance certificate with the vehicle registration.
One bit of advice is to use identical coverages on each price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
It’s well known that insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Consumers who shop around for cheaper rates are highly likely to move their business because there is a good chance of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A study showed that people who shopped around saved $72 a month compared to other drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the most affordable Chevy TrailBlazer insurance in Plano is your target objective, then learning a little about how to shop and compare insurance premiums can save time, money, and frustration.
Cheapest Chevy insurance prices in Plano
The companies shown below can provide free rate quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you get prices from several of them to get the best price comparison.
The Chevy TrailBlazer Insurance Premium Equation
Many factors are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, although some other factors are less apparent like where you live or your commute time. A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing the factors that help calculate the price you pay for auto insurance. When you understand what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with lower auto insurance prices.
The factors shown below are some of the major factors used by companies to determine premiums.
- Your stress level may be raising your prices – Do you have a high-stress occupation? Occupations like judges, air traffic controllers, and miners are shown to have higher average rates in part from high stress levels and lots of time spent at work. On the flip side, professions such as professors, historians and homemakers have lower than average premiums.
- Females pay lower costs – Statistics demonstrate that women are safer drivers than men. The data does not necessarily mean that males are worse at driving than females. Females and males are responsible for auto accidents at a similar rate, but guys tend to have higher claims. Not only that, but men also have more aggressive citations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Male teenagers tend to get in the most accidents so they pay the highest premiums.
- Accidents will cost you – Careful drivers pay less for auto insurance than their less careful counterparts. Even a single speeding ticket or other violation could increase your next policy renewal twenty percent or more. Drivers with multiple violations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may need to prove financial responsibility with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to continue driving.
- Vehicle risk impacts costs – The performance level of the car you drive makes a huge difference in your rates. Lower performance four cylinder passenger cars generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but your final cost has many other factors.
- Raising comp and collision deductibles saves money – Comp and collision deductibles are how much the insured will be required to pay before a claim is paid by your company. Coverage for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, insures against damage to your car. Examples of some claims that would be covered could be a windshield broken by a bird, vandalism, and damage caused by road hazards. The larger the amount the insured has to pay upfront, the lower your rates will be.
- Rural vs Urban Areas – Living in a small town has it’s advantages when insuring your vehicles. City drivers tend to have much more traffic and a longer drive to work. Fewer people means reduced accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates.
- Never let your policy expire – Driving without insurance coverage in place is illegal and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance lapse for non-payment. And not only will your rates increase, the inability to provide proof of insurance could result in a revoked license or a big fine.
These discounts can lower your auto insurance rates
Auto insurance is not inexpensive, but you might be missing out on some discounts to reduce the price significantly. Most are applied at the time you complete a quote, but once in a while a discount must be asked about prior to receiving the credit. If you don’t get every credit possible, you are just wasting money.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance and insure them with the same company you may save up to 20% off your total TrailBlazer insurance premium.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking a safe driver course could possibly earn you a 5% discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Paperless Signup – A few larger online companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy on their website.
- Early Signing – Some larger companies provide a discount for signing up before your current coverage expires. You could save around 10% when you buy Plano car insurance online.
- Distant Student – Children living away from Plano attending college without a vehicle on campus may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a vehicle that is new can cost up to 25% less compared to insuring an older model.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates compared to accident prone drivers.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
Discounts lower rates, but some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though you would think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Some of the larger companies that have these money-saving discounts are:
When comparing rates, check with each insurance company to apply every possible discount. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply in every state. To see a list of providers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Texas, click here to view.
Compare prices but buy from a local neighborhood Plano car insurance agent
Many drivers just want to talk to an insurance agent and we recommend doing that Insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help you file claims. The best thing about price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get better rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying insurance from neighborhood agents is important particularly in Plano.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Plano that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to search for an agent because prices are sent immediately to your email address. If you want to quote rates for a specific company, you would need to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
When searching for a local agent, there are two different types of agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agencies in Plano may be either exclusive or independent. Both types can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s good to learn how they are different because it can influence which type of agent you select.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by one company and that gives them the ability to insure with a variety of different insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a cheaper price, an independent agent can move your coverage which makes it simple for you.
When comparison shopping, you will want to get rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for maximum quote selection. Many write coverage with small mutual carriers which may have better rates.
The following are Plano independent agencies who may be able to give you rate quotes.
- Alpha Omega Insurance Agency
3131 Custer Rd #275 – Plano, TX 75075 – (866) 386-0739 – View Map
- Encore Insurance Agency, L.L.C.
2301 Ohio Dr – Plano, TX 75093 – (877) 745-5005 – View Map
- Sills Insurance
2817 Regal Rd # 101 – Plano, TX 75075 – (972) 596-5866 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agencies are usually well trained in insurance sales and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some insured continue to buy from exclusive agents primarily because of the brand name rather than having low rates.
Below are Plano exclusive agents that can give you price quotes.
- Jason Ruiz – State Farm Insurance Agent
5809 Preston Rd #586 – Plano, TX 75093 – (972) 378-1024 – View Map
- Byron Wilkerson – State Farm Insurance Agent
9720 Coit Rd #140 – Plano, TX 75025 – (214) 618-5700 – View Map
- John Kraft – State Farm Insurance Agent
10185 Custer Rd #100 – Plano, TX 75025 – (972) 517-8859 – View Map
Choosing the best auto insurance agent should include more criteria than just a low price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Which family members are covered?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
What is the best auto insurance company in Plano?
Picking the highest-rated insurance provider can be challenging considering how many companies sell insurance in Texas. The company information below could help you select which auto insurers you want to consider comparing price quotes from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Cheaper auto insurance is a realistic goal
Throughout this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to compare Chevy TrailBlazer insurance premium rates in Plano. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Drivers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as lack of trust in their agent, questionable increases in premium, not issuing a premium refund and high prices. No matter why you want to switch, finding a great new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
Lower-priced Chevy TrailBlazer insurance in Plano can be found both online as well as from independent agents in Plano, so you need to quote Plano car insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. Some auto insurance companies may not provide online quoting and many times these regional carriers work with independent agents.
More detailed auto insurance information can be found in these articles:
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents in Plano? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Plano Car Insurance for Drivers with Accidents? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Plano Auto Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Silverado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Kia Optima in Plano? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Teenage Males in Plano? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for 19 Year Olds in Plano? (FAQ)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)