If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get more affordable auto insurance rates is to start doing an annual price comparison from providers who sell insurance in Plano.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about what is in your policy and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that cause rate increases such as accidents, careless driving, and an imperfect credit history can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can provide prices for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Plano. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
An important bit of advice to remember is to try to use the same deductibles and limits on each quote and and to get price quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Anyone knows that insurance companies don't want you to look for cheaper rates. Insureds who shop around for a cheaper policy will most likely switch car insurance companies because there is a good probability of finding a cheaper policy. A study discovered that consumers who shopped around annually saved over $3,400 over four years compared to people who never compared rates.
If finding the lowest price on Chevy Silverado insurance is your intention, then having an understanding of how to get free comparison quotes and analyze cheaper coverage can make it easier to find better rates.
Choosing the most cost-effective insurance policy in Plano is actually quite easy if you know where to start. If you are already insured or are shopping for new coverage, you can use these techniques to lower your rates without reducing coverage. Smart shoppers just have to learn the most efficient way to shop using one simple form.
Which Chevy Silverado insurance is cheapest in Plano?
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Plano, TX. To find cheap auto insurance in Texas, it's a good idea that you get price quotes from several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Insurance in Texas serves several purposes
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Plano, paying for insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability coverage if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Chevy has a loan, it's most likely the lender will require you to have comprehensive coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Chevy at an extremely high rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance preserves your vehicle and your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical expenses that are the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly when you have a large claim. But the average driver in Texas overpays more than $750 every year so smart consumers compare quotes every year to save money.
Car insurance statistics and figures
The premium information shown below showcases estimates of insurance premium costs for Chevy Silverado models. Understanding how insurance premiums are figured is important for drivers to make decisions when shopping your coverage around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 2WD||$246||$460||$560||$34||$168||$1,468||$122|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 4WD||$246||$460||$496||$30||$148||$1,380||$115|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab 2WD||$282||$560||$560||$34||$168||$1,604||$134|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab||$282||$560||$560||$34||$168||$1,604||$134|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 4WD||$282||$560||$496||$30||$148||$1,516||$126|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$282||$560||$496||$30||$148||$1,516||$126|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$282||$560||$560||$34||$168||$1,604||$134|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 2WD||$282||$560||$560||$34||$168||$1,604||$134|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$318||$660||$496||$30||$148||$1,652||$138|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 2WD||$318||$660||$560||$34||$168||$1,740||$145|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 4WD||$318||$660||$496||$30||$148||$1,652||$138|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$318||$660||$560||$34||$168||$1,740||$145|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 2WD||$318||$660||$560||$34||$168||$1,740||$145|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 4WD||$318||$660||$496||$30||$148||$1,652||$138|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$318||$660||$560||$34||$168||$1,740||$145|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$318||$660||$496||$30||$148||$1,652||$138|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 2WD||$318||$760||$496||$30||$148||$1,752||$146|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 4WD||$356||$760||$496||$30||$148||$1,790||$149|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and claim-free. Premium amounts do not factor in specific garaging location which can decrease or increase prices substantially.
Car insurance rates are higher with tickets and accidents
The chart below shows how traffic citations and at-fault collisions increase Chevy Silverado insurance costs for different age categories. Data assumes a single male driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Full coverage rates vs. liability-only
The example below illustrates the difference between Chevy Silverado insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The prices are based on no claims or driving citations, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There is no definitive guideline for eliminating comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of coverage is 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let's assume your Chevy Silverado book value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, you would only receive $4,000 after you pay the deductible. If premium cost is more than $400 annually to have full coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some conditions where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good plan. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should maintain full coverage.
Take policy discounts and save on Chevy Silverado insurance in Plano
Not too many consumers would say insurance is affordable, but you may find discounts to reduce the price significantly. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you get a quote, but a few must be asked about prior to getting the savings.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Discount for New Cars - Buying a new car instead of a used Silverado can save up to 30% since newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Discount for Low Mileage - Keeping the miles down on your Chevy can qualify you for discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Pay Upfront and Save - By paying your policy upfront instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
- Onboard Data Collection - People who choose to allow their insurance company to spy on when and where they use their vehicle by installing a telematics device like Allstate's Drivewise could possibly reduce rates if they have good driving habits.
- Bundled Policy Discount - If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company you could earn a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Defensive Driver - Participating in a defensive driver course could earn you a small percentage discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Military Deployment Discount - Having a deployed family member may lower your insurance rates slightly.
- Government Employees - Employees or retirees of the government can save as much as 8% depending on your insurance provider.
A little note about advertised discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don't profit that way.
The diagram below compares Chevy Silverado insurance premiums with and without discounts applied to the premium. The price estimates are based on a female driver, no violations or accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, marriage, and claim-free discounts applied.
Car insurance companies that possibly offer most of these discounts may include but are not limited to:
If you want inexpensive Plano car insurance quotes, ask each company or agent what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policies in your area.
Insurance agents can help
When selecting your policy, there really isn't a one size fits all plan. Your financial needs are unique.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining whether you will benefit from professional help.
- Does my Chevy Silverado qualify for pleasure use?
- Is pet coverage available?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
- What is PIP insurance?
- If my car is totaled with they pay enough to replace it?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It's fast, free and you can get the answers you need.