If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find discount Chevy Silverado 2500HD insurance is to compare prices regularly from companies who sell auto insurance in Plano. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can control to keep rates in check. Many factors that cause rate increases such as speeding tickets, accidents and a bad credit rating can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Continue reading for instructions to find cheap prices and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
- Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can give you price quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find better rates and decide to switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide proper notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application to the new company. Immediately upon receiving it, put the new certificate verifying coverage in your glove compartment.
An important part of this process is to try to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to look at as many companies as you can. Doing this provides the most accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Regrettably, a large majority of drivers have bought car insurance from the same company for well over three years, and just short of a majority have never compared rates to find lower-cost insurance. Many consumers in the United States can save hundreds of dollars each year, but they don't invest the time required to go online and compare rates.
When looking for affordable Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD insurance quotes, there are a couple ways to compare prices from many available car insurance companies in Texas. By far the easiest way to do a complete rate comparison is to use the internet to compare rates.
When comparison shopping, more quotes helps improve the odds of finding better pricing. Not every company does online price quotes, so you also need to get price quotes on coverage from those companies, too.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide quotes in Plano, TX. To buy the best cheap car insurance in Plano, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Insurance in Texas serves several purposes
Even though Plano Silverado 2500HD insurance rates can get expensive, maintaining insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Chevy Silverado 2500HD has a loan, most lenders will require you to have full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Chevy at a more expensive rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects your Chevy and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you have damage to your Chevy as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. But the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so compare rate quotes at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Insurance statistics and figures
The coverage information shown below highlights detailed analysis of prices for Chevy Silverado 2500HD models. Learning how insurance prices are calculated can benefit drivers when making smart choices when comparing insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado 2500HD LT Crew Cab 4WD||$262||$462||$388||$24||$116||$1,252||$104|
|Silverado 2500HD LT Crew Cab 2WD||$262||$532||$440||$26||$132||$1,392||$116|
|Silverado 2500HD LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$262||$462||$388||$24||$116||$1,252||$104|
|Silverado 2500HD LT Crew Cab Diesel 4WD||$292||$532||$388||$24||$116||$1,352||$113|
|Silverado 2500HD LT Crew Cab Diesel 2WD||$292||$532||$440||$26||$132||$1,422||$119|
|Silverado 2500HD LT Extended Cab Diesel 2WD||$292||$532||$440||$26||$132||$1,422||$119|
|Silverado 2500HD LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$292||$532||$440||$26||$132||$1,422||$119|
|Silverado 2500HD LTZ Crew Cab Diesel 4WD||$292||$532||$388||$24||$116||$1,352||$113|
|Silverado 2500HD LTZ Crew Cab Diesel 2WD||$292||$602||$440||$26||$132||$1,492||$124|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, and claim-free. Rates do not factor in Plano location which can modify premiums significantly.
The example below demonstrates how deductibles and can change Chevy Silverado 2500HD premium costs for different insured age categories. The data assumes a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Chevy Silverado 2500HD insurance discounts in Plano
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but there could be available discounts that you may not know about. Many discounts should be triggered when you quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be specially asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Active Military Service - Having a family member in the military may lower your auto insurance rates slightly.
- Bundled Policy Discount - If you have multiple policies with one insurance company you could get a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Drive Safe and Save - Insureds who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Plano auto insurance quote than their less cautious counterparts.
- Professional Organizations - Participating in a civic or occupational organization in Plano is a simple method to lower premiums on your bill.
- Early Payment Discounts - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time as opposed to paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- College Student - Older children who live away from home at college and do not take a car to college may qualify for this discount.
- Good Student Discount - Maintaining excellent grades may save you up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
- Online Discount - Many larger companies provide a small discount simply for signing on the internet.
- ABS Brakes - Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are much safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like you could get a free auto insurance policy, companies wouldn't make money that way. Any qualifying discounts will positively reduce your overall bill.
The diagram below shows the comparison of Chevy Silverado 2500HD insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the rates. The information is based on a female driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Texas state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, safe-driver, marriage, multi-car, multi-policy, and homeowner discounts applied.
To see a list of auto insurance companies with discount auto insurance rates in Plano, click here.
Compare rates but buy from a local Plano insurance agency
A small number of people would prefer to talk to a local agent. A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find lower rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After filling out this quick form, your coverage information gets sent to participating agents in Plano who will give competitive quotes to get your business. You won't even need to leave your computer as quotes are delivered to you. Get lower rates without a big time investment. If you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance provider, feel free to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right company is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- How many years have they been established?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Texas?
When researching a local agent, it's important to understand the different agency structures and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agents in Plano are categorized either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can only write with one company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to provide other company's prices so you might not find the best rates. They are very knowledgeable on their company's products which aids in selling service over price. Some insured continue to buy from the same agent for years mainly due to the prominence of the brand and solid financial strength.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agents in Plano willing to provide price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Shelly Balleza
801 E Plano Pkwy #206 - Plano, TX 75074 - (972) 244-6560 - View Map
- Ron Bowser - State Farm Insurance Agent
6205 Chapel Hill Blvd STE 500 - Plano, TX 75093 - (972) 378-0824 - View Map
- Ann Dunham - State Farm Insurance Agent
2301 W Parker Rd #1 - Plano, TX 75023 - (972) 596-4809 - View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by one company so they can write business with many different companies depending on which coverage is best. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your policy is moved internally and you don't have to switch agencies.
When comparison shopping, we recommend you get insurance quotes from several independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most also write with additional companies that you may not be familiar with which can save you money.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Plano willing to provide rate quotes.
- Roger Welch Agency, LLC
2770 Main St #104 - Frisco, TX 75033 - (972) 380-6677 - View Map
- Alpha Omega Insurance Agency
3275 Independence Pkwy - Plano, TX 75075 - (972) 519-5435 - View Map
- Paragon Independent Insurance Agencies
6305 Preston Rd Suite 1000 - Plano, TX 75024 - (972) 473-4813 - View Map
Insurance is unique, just like you
When buying adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really isn't a single plan that fits everyone. Your situation is unique and your insurance should unique, too. These are some specific questions might point out if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
If you can't answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Affordable insurance rates are possible
We just showed you a lot of tips how to find cheap Chevy Silverado 2500HD insurance in Plano. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. Consumers may even find the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies. Smaller companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it's very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, someone dropped collision coverage only to regret at claim time they didn't purchase enough coverage. Your goal is to buy enough coverage for the lowest price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
To learn more, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Plano? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Immigrants in Plano? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Honda Civic in Plano? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Handicapped Drivers in Plano? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Seniors in Plano? (FAQ)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)