It's well known that insurance companies don't want you to look for a cheaper policy. Insureds who compare rates once a year will presumably switch companies because there is a great chance of finding a more affordable policy. A recent insurance study discovered that consumers who did price comparisons regularly saved as much as $72 a month compared to other drivers who didn't regularly shop around.
If finding the cheapest rates on auto insurance in Plano is your intention, then learning about the best ways to shop for auto insurance can help make the process easier.
The easiest way to find low-cost prices for auto insurance rates in Plano is to regularly compare price quotes from providers in Texas.
- Take a few minutes and learn about what is in your policy and the steps you can take to keep rates down. Many risk factors that cause high rates like high-risk driving behaviors and bad credit can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple sources. Start a quote
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a better price and switch companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company of your intention to cancel your existing policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application to the new company. As soon as you can, put the certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get rates from as many companies as you can. This enables an accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Finding a better price on auto insurance is an easy way to save money. Consumers just need to spend a few minutes on the computer comparing rates to find out which insurance company has the cheapest Nissan Sentra rate quotes.
It's so fast and easy to compare rate quotes online that it makes it a waste of time to spend time driving to all the different Plano insurance agencies. The fact that you can get quotes online makes this process obsolete unless you prefer the advice and guidance only provided by licensed Plano agents. Although, it is possible obtain prices from the web but still have the advice of a local agent.
The providers in the list below offer price comparisons in Texas. To find cheaper car insurance in Plano, we suggest you click on several of them to get the lowest price.
Insurance coverage details
The table below showcases a range of rate quotes for Nissan Sentra models. Understanding how insurance policy rates are determined can be useful when making decisions on which insurance to purchase.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sentra 2.0 S||$234||$538||$392||$24||$118||$1,306||$109|
|Sentra 2.0 SR||$234||$538||$392||$24||$118||$1,306||$109|
|Sentra 2.0 SL||$268||$538||$392||$24||$118||$1,340||$112|
|Sentra SE-R SPEC V||$268||$620||$392||$24||$118||$1,422||$119|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Table data does not factor in specific location information which can alter premium rates noticeably.
Drive safe and save
The diagram below demonstrates how speeding tickets and accidents increase Nissan Sentra insurance costs for each age group. The data is based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Difference between liability only and full coverage rates
The example below illustrates the comparison of Nissan Sentra insurance costs with and without full coverage. Data assumes a clean driving record, no claims, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There is no clear-cut formula of when to drop physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is about 10% or more of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let's say your Nissan Sentra claim settlement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company would pay you is $3,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying more than $300 annually to have full coverage, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are a few cases where eliminating full coverage is not advised. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Get cheaper rates by getting discounts
Some providers don't always publicize the entire discount list in an easy-to-find place, so we break down some of the more common and the more hidden credits available to you.
- ABS Braking Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Driving less can earn cheaper rates.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Buying a new car model can save you some money because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Auto/Home Discount - If you combine your auto and homeowners policies with one insurance company you could get a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Switch and Save Discount - A few auto insurance companies offer discounts for switching policies early. This can save 10% or more.
- Club Memberships - Joining certain professional organizations could trigger savings on your policy.
- Defensive Driver - Passing a driver safety course could cut 5% off your bill and easily pay for the cost of the class.
Remember that some credits don't apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the appearance that it's possible to get free car insurance, companies wouldn't make money that way.
The example below visualizes the comparison of Nissan Sentra annual premium costs with and without policy discounts. The data is based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Texas state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, marriage, and homeowner discounts applied.
Popular auto insurance companies and their offered discounts can be found below.
- State Farm may include discounts for good driver, driver's education, good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and defensive driving training.
- Progressive discounts include homeowner, online signing, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
- Travelers has discounts for student away at school, save driver, home ownership, continuous insurance, and driver training.
- American Family includes discounts for defensive driver, Steer into Savings, good driver, air bags, bundled insurance, and accident-free.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for hybrid vehicle, new move discount, safety features, teen driver discount, and new graduate.
Before you buy a policy, ask all the companies which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts listed above may not be available in Plano. If you would like to view auto insurance companies with the best discounts in Texas, click here.
Here's why insurance is not optional
Even though Plano Sentra insurance rates can get expensive, paying for insurance is required in Texas but also provides important benefits.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Sentra has a loan, most banks will make it mandatory that you buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Nissan at a much higher premium rate and require you to fork over a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects your car and your assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. As of last year, the average driver in Texas is overpaying over $855 a year so you should quote and compare rates at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
Auto insurance agents near you
A small number of people would rather talk to a local agent. Experienced insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and will help you if you have claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap insurance rates but also keep your business local.
Upon completion of this simple form, the coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Plano who will return price quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to do any legwork since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. In the event you want to compare prices from a specific insurance company, you would need to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Picking an company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. A good agent in Plano will have answers to these questions.
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Plano?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
If you want to use a reputable insurance agent or broker, it's helpful to know the types of insurance agents and how they work. Plano agents can either be independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both types can insure your vehicles, but it's important to point out the difference between them because it can factor into the selection process.
Exclusive agents generally can only insure with one company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so they have to upsell other benefits. They are well trained on sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents.
Below is a list of exclusive agencies in Plano that can give you price quote information.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies do not work for one specific company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many different insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If your premiums go up, an independent agent can move your coverage and the insured can keep the same agent. If you need lower rates, you will want to compare quotes from a couple of independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agents in Plano willing to provide comparison quotes.
Plano, TX Car Insurance - The Gallovich Insurance Agency
1145 14th St #2117 - Plano, TX 75074 - (972) 398-0001 - View Map
Nationwide Insurance: Nicholas Arthur Purvis Agency
5600 Tennyson Pkwy #243 - Plano, TX 75024 - (972) 665-9975 - View Map