Has it been a year or more since you last compared quotes for the cheapest car insurance rates in Plano, TX? Plano buyers have a choice when searching for low-cost Ford Transit Connect insurance. They can either waste time driving around to get rate comparisons or use the internet to compare rates.
There are more efficient ways to compare car insurance rates so we’re going to tell you the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage on a Ford and find the best price possible from both online companies and Plano agents.
If you have a policy now or want to find a cheaper company, follow these tips to reduce premiums without reducing coverage. The intent of this article is to let you in on how insurance works and how to save the most money. Drivers just have to use the quickest way to compare price quotes over the internet.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Texas. If you wish to find the cheapest car insurance in Plano, we recommend you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Check for these price cutting discounts
Auto insurance can be pricey, but you may be missing some discounts that you may not even know about. Certain credits will be shown at the time you complete a quote, but once in a while a discount must be specifically requested prior to getting the savings.
- Distant Student Discount – Kids who live away from home to go to college and don’t have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- Mature Driver Discount – Mature drivers can possibly qualify for a small discount on rates.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Policyholders that allow driving data collection to study their driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system might see lower rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Bundle and Save – If you can combine your auto and homeowners policy with the same insurance company you could earn a discount of up to 20% off your total Transit Connect insurance premium.
- Driver Education Discount – Cut your cost by having your teen driver take driver’s ed class in high school.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think it’s possible to get free car insurance, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Ford Transit Connect yearly insurance costs with and without policy discounts. The data assumes a female driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Texas state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, claim-free, multi-car, multi-policy, safe-driver, and homeowner discounts applied.
The best auto insurance companies and their offered discounts can be read below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for student away at school, multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, and accident-free.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for mature driver, good student, teen driver, business and professional, and multi-car.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, good student, continuous coverage, online quote discount, online signing, homeowner, and multi-policy.
- GEICO has discounts for air bags, five-year accident-free, driver training, federal employee, seat belt use, and good student.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts for teen driver, company car, group or association, paperless, and anti-theft.
- The Hartford offers discounts including good student, anti-theft, driver training, air bag, and vehicle fuel type.
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include renewal discount, 55 and retired, multi-policy, safe driver, and youthful driver.
- USAA may offer discounts for vehicle storage, defensive driver, family discount, good student, multi-policy, and loyalty savings.
Before you buy a policy, ask every company how you can save money. A few discounts may not apply to policies in your state. For a list of insurance companies with discount auto insurance rates in Plano, click here to view.
Ford Transit Connect insurance statistics and information
The premium table shown next outlines different coverage prices for Ford Transit Connect models. Being aware of how car insurance premiums are calculated is important for making decisions on the best policy to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Transit Connect XL 2WD||$326||$592||$500||$30||$150||$1,598||$133|
|Transit Connect XLT 2WD||$326||$592||$500||$30||$150||$1,598||$133|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Premium costs do not factor in specific garaging location which can increase or decrease auto insurance rates substantially.
The illustration below highlights how deductible choice and can impact Ford Transit Connect yearly insurance costs for each different age category. The prices are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Ford Transit Connect insurance premiums by gender in Plano
The example below illustrates the comparison of Ford Transit Connect car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no violations or claims, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Plano auto insurance companies ranked
Selecting a high-quality company is difficult considering how many companies sell coverage in Texas. The ranking data listed below can help you decide which companies you want to consider comparing prices from.
Top 10 Plano Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
Ford Transit Connect Insurance Price Factors
A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing some of the things that help calculate your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables you to make decisions that can help you get lower rates. Lots of factors are used in the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but some are more obscure such as your credit history or your commute time.
- Insure car and home with the same company – Lots of auto insurance companies provide discounts to people who consolidate policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, you may still want to compare other Plano Transit Connect insurance rates to ensure the best deal.
Your age impacts your costs – Youthful drivers in Texas are statistically proven to be more careless when behind the wheel and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher. Older, more experienced drivers are more cautious drivers, tend to cause fewer accidents, and are generally more financially stable.
The following chart assumes a single driver, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Do safer cars cost less to insure? – Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to have better insurance rates. These vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and more competitive rates for policyholders. If the Ford Transit Connect earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it may be receiving lower rates.
- Insurance rates for married couples – Getting married helps lower the price on your auto insurance bill. Having a significant other may mean you are more mature and statistics show married couples file fewer claims.
Premiums increase with driving tickets – Your driving citation history has a big impact on rates. Having just one chargeable violation can increase the cost of insurance twenty percent or more. Careful drivers have lower premiums than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who get severe violations like DUI or willful reckless driving may be required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
The information below illustrates how speeding tickets and accident claims raise Ford Transit Connect annual premium costs for different categories of driver ages. The information is based on a married female driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
- Limits of liability insurance – Your policy’s liability coverage will provide protection if ever you are found to be at fault for personal injury or accident damage. Your liability coverage provides legal defense coverage starting from day one. Liability insurance is pretty cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Performance impacts insurance premiums – The performance level of the car or truck you are insuring makes a significant difference in your car insurance bill. The lowest base rates are usually for lower cost passenger cars, but your final cost has many other factors.
The following chart uses these variables: single male driver age 40, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It shows Ford Transit Connect rates compared to other vehicles that have different performance risks.
- Adjust physical damage deductibles and save – Deductibles for physical damage define how much you are required to pay if a covered claim is submitted. Physical damage protection, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, protects your car from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered would be a windshield broken by a bird, hail damage, and having a roll-over accident. The more you’re willing to pay, the less your auto insurance will be.