It's easy to assume that auto insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Drivers who shop around for the cheapest rate will most likely switch car insurance companies because there are good odds of finding a cheaper policy. A recent survey revealed that people who regularly compared price quotes saved approximately $3,400 over four years compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If finding the lowest price on insurance in Plano is your ultimate objective, then having some knowledge of how to quote prices and compare coverages can help make the process easier and more efficient.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get discount car insurance rates is to do a yearly price comparison from providers who sell insurance in Plano. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Take a little time to learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that cause rate increases such as your driving record and a poor credit score can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Read the full article for additional tips to help reduce premium rates and find more discounts that you may not know about.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to determine if you can save on Ram insurance in Plano. If you find a better price and decide to switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
A good tip to remember is to make sure you enter identical deductibles and limits on each quote request and to quote with as many different companies as possible. This guarantees the most accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Best Dodge Ram insurance price quotes in Texas
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Plano, TX. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the lowest price.
Dodge Ram detailed coverage information
The rate information below outlines estimates of rate quotes for Dodge Ram models. Being able to understand how rate quotes are established is important for drivers to make informed decisions when shopping around for a new policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$254||$420||$486||$28||$146||$1,334||$111|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$286||$512||$486||$28||$146||$1,458||$122|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$286||$512||$486||$28||$146||$1,458||$122|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$286||$512||$486||$28||$146||$1,458||$122|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$286||$512||$486||$28||$146||$1,458||$122|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$286||$512||$486||$28||$146||$1,458||$122|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$286||$512||$486||$28||$146||$1,458||$122|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 4WD||$286||$512||$486||$28||$146||$1,458||$122|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$286||$512||$486||$28||$146||$1,458||$122|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$318||$602||$486||$28||$146||$1,580||$132|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$318||$602||$486||$28||$146||$1,580||$132|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$318||$602||$486||$28||$146||$1,580||$132|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 4WD||$318||$602||$486||$28||$146||$1,580||$132|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$318||$602||$486||$28||$146||$1,580||$132|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$318||$602||$486||$28||$146||$1,580||$132|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$318||$602||$486||$28||$146||$1,580||$132|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$318||$602||$486||$28||$146||$1,580||$132|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$318||$602||$486||$28||$146||$1,580||$132|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$318||$694||$486||$28||$146||$1,672||$139|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4WD||$318||$694||$486||$28||$146||$1,672||$139|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Rate information does not factor in zip code location which can change coverage prices considerably.
The diagram below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can change Dodge Ram yearly insurance costs for each different age category. Data assumes a married male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied.
Drive safe and save
The information below illustrates how violations and fender-benders can impact Dodge Ram insurance premiums for each age group. The premiums assume a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Auto insurance cost for men versus women
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Dodge Ram insurance prices for male and female drivers. The information is based on no claims or violations, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
How much more does full coverage cost?
The information below shows the comparison of Dodge Ram yearly insurance costs with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The rate quotes are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are factored in.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no definitive guideline for dropping full coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Dodge Ram replacement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, you would only receive $2,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying over $200 annually to have full coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are a few cases where buying only liability insurance is not a good plan. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
Get affordable rates with discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you might already qualify for some discounts to cut the cost considerably. Some discounts apply automatically at quote time, but a few must be specifically requested before they will apply. If you are not receiving all the discounts available, you're paying more than you need to.
- Discounts for Government Workers - Active or former government employment may reduce rates when you quote Plano car insurance with a few auto insurance companies.
- Switch and Save Discount - Some insurance companies provide a discount for switching companies prior to the expiration date on your current Ram insurance policy. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Driver's Ed - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to take driver's ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Lower Rates for Military - Being deployed with a military unit could mean lower prices.
- Organization Discounts - Participating in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could qualify you for a break when shopping for auto insurance.
- Onboard Data Collection - People who choose to allow companies to track when and where they use their vehicle through the use of a telematics system such as Progressive's Snapshot and State Farm's In-Drive might see lower rates if they show good driving skills.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some credits don't apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, it doesn't quite work that way.
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Dodge Ram premium costs with and without discounts applied. The data is based on a male driver, no accidents or driving violations, Texas state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-car, marriage, and claim-free discounts applied.
If you would like to choose from a list of insurers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Texas, click this link.
Lower Your Plano Insurance Prices
Many different elements are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious such as your driving history, but some are not quite as obvious like your vehicle usage or your financial responsibility. It's important that you understand some of the elements that come into play when calculating your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that can earn you big savings.
Your address can push rates up or down - Being located in less populated areas of the country may provide you with better prices when trying to find low car insurance rates. People in densely populated areas regularly have more road rage incidents and much longer commute distances. Less people translates into fewer accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates.
Pay more for higher performance vehicles - The performance of the vehicle you are insuring makes a huge difference in your car insurance bill. Lower cost passenger vehicles generally receive the lowest base rates, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
The following chart assumes a married male driver age 40, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It illustrates Dodge Ram car insurance rates compared to other models of vehicles that have different risk factors.
Bump up coverage deductibles to lower rates - The deductibles you choose state the amount of money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if a covered claim is submitted. Physical damage protection, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some coverage claims are rear-ending another vehicle, vandalism, and having a roll-over accident. The more expense you're willing to pay, the less your insurance will be.
Certain jobs raise rates - Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Careers such as judges, police officers, and dentists usually pay higher rates than the rest of us in part from stressful work requirements and long work hours. On the other hand, occupations such as scientists, engineers and homemakers generally pay rates lower than average.
It's not one size fits all
When it comes to insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there isn't really a best way to insure your cars. Your needs are unique to you and your insurance should unique, too. For example, these questions might help in determining if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- When should I have rental car coverage?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- Does my policy cover me if I wreck while driving under the influence?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
If you can't answer these questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It's fast, free and can help protect your family.
Comparing quotes from local Plano insurance agencies
Many people would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is OK! Insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and help file insurance claims. One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get cheaper car insurance rates and still have a local agent.
Once you complete this short form, your information is emailed to agents in your area that provide free Plano car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You won't even need to contact any agents because prices are sent to you. If you wish to compare prices from a specific company, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Finding the right company requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Are they full-time agents?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
Which auto insurance company is best in Texas?
Buying coverage from a good quality insurance company can be difficult considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Texas. The company information shown below could help you select which car insurance companies you want to consider comparing price quotes from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Compare rates regularly to save
Lower-priced Dodge Ram insurance in Plano can be sourced online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies may not offer internet price quotes and many times these regional carriers sell through independent agents.
We covered some good ideas how you can lower your Dodge Ram insurance premium rates in Plano. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get prices for, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Plano car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies. Regional companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like Progressive and GEICO.
Much more information about auto insurance in Texas is located below:
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Credit Scores in Plano? (FAQ)
- How Much is Plano Auto Insurance for Good Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Honda Civic in Plano? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Seniors in Plano? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Think You're a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)