If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find more affordable Dodge Avenger insurance is to do a yearly price comparison from providers who sell insurance in Plano. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of how companies set rates and the factors you can control to keep rates down. Many rating criteria that cause high rates like traffic citations and an unacceptable credit score can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Continue reading for additional tips to keep prices down and find more discounts that you may not know about.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from many different companies. View rates
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing coverage to determine if you can save on Avenger insurance. If you can save some money and change companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide written notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application for your new policy. Once the paperwork is finalized, put the new certificate verifying proof of insurance with the vehicle registration.
A key point to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar limits and deductibles on each quote and and to look at as many different companies as possible. Doing this provides an apples-to-apples comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Amazingly, nearly 70% of customers kept buying from the same company for a minimum of four years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never shopped around. Plano drivers could save approximately $1,770 each year, but most undervalue the benefits if they just switched companies.
The method we recommend to compare car insurance rates for Dodge Avenger insurance in Plano is to know the trick most of the larger companies provide online access to compare their rates. To get started, all you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information such as your credit rating estimate, how old drivers are, if you are currently licensed, and if it has an anti-theft system. That rating data is then submitted to many different companies and you receive quotes within a short period of time.
To check Dodge Avenger insurance prices now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Plano.
The companies shown below provide price comparisons in Plano, TX. If you wish to find cheap car insurance in Texas, we recommend you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Five discounts for cheap insurance quotes
Car insurance companies don’t always publicize all available discounts very well, so the following list contains some of the more common as well as the least known discounts that you may qualify for.
- Low Miles Discount – Low mileage vehicles can qualify you for lower insurance rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Defensive Driving Course – Participating in a defensive driver class could earn you a small percentage discount and make you a better driver.
- Clubs and Organizations – Affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in Plano is a good way to get lower rates on insurance.
- Government Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government may reduce rates when you quote Plano auto insurance with certain companies.
- Resident Student – Youth drivers who live away from home to go to college and leave their car at home could get you a discount.
Please keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like you can get free auto insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The example below visualizes the comparison of Dodge Avenger car insurance rates with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, no claims or driving violations, Texas state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, marriage, claim-free, and multi-car discounts applied.
A partial list of companies that may offer policyholders most of these discounts may include but are not limited to:
When getting free Plano auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to all companies you are considering how many discounts you can get. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policies in Plano. To see a list of insurance companies who offer free Dodge Avenger insurance quotes in Plano, follow this link.
Dodge Avenger insurance rate analysis
The data table displayed next outlines a range of policy rates for Dodge Avenger models. Learning a little about how auto insurance policy rates are formulated can assist in making smart policy decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Estimates do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can revise prices noticeably.
The example below highlights how deductible selection and can affect Dodge Avenger insurance prices for different age groups. The rate quotes are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Auto insurance cost for men versus women
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Dodge Avenger car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on a clean driving record, no claims, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Are car insurance agents of importance?
Many people still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and often times that is recommended Professional agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help you file claims. A good thing about getting online price quotes is that you can obtain the best rates and still have a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your information is emailed to insurance agents in Plano that give free quotes to get your business. You won’t even need to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent to the email address you provide. If you need to quote rates from a specific company, just navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right provider shouldn’t rely on just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from local Plano agents, you need to know there are two types of agencies and how they function. Agents can either be exclusive or independent. Both can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s important to know how they differ since it can affect which agent you choose.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
These agents have only one company to place business with like State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agencies are unable to shop your coverage around so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are trained well on their company’s products which can be an advantage. Consumers frequently buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the brand legacy and solid financial strength.
The following are exclusive agencies in Plano that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Mike Warren – State Farm Insurance Agent
2100 Dallas Pkwy #110 – Plano, TX 75093 – (972) 403-1060 – View Map
- Ann Dunham – State Farm Insurance Agent
2301 W Parker Rd #1 – Plano, TX 75023 – (972) 596-4809 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: John Clements
2500 Dallas Pkwy Ste 150 – Plano, TX 75093 – (972) 312-1800 – View Map
These type of agents are appointed with more than one company so they can write business through many companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing rate quotes, you will want to get insurance quotes from at least one independent agent to have the best price comparison. Many write coverage with different regional companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Plano that are able to give price quote information.
- Arthur Blake Insurance Group
542 Haggard St #502 – Plano, TX 75074 – (972) 335-4115 – View Map
- Executive Insurance Agency
6900 Alma Dr – Plano, TX 75023 – (469) 229-9080 – View Map
- Guest Insurance Agency
903 18th St Ste 124 – Plano, TX 75074 – (972) 424-4209 – View Map
Upon receiving reasonable responses to any questions you may have and a low price estimate, chances are good that you have found an auto insurance agent that can be trusted to service your policy. Keep in mind you can cancel your coverage when you choose so never feel that you are permanently stuck with a policy for the entire policy term.
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
When buying the best auto insurance coverage, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s needs are different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
For example, these questions can help discover whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- What does roadside assistance cover?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
How to find a good Plano car insurance company
Finding a high-quality insurer can be rather challenging considering how many companies provide coverage in Texas. The company information in the lists below could help you select which car insurance providers you want to consider putting your business with.
Top 10 Plano Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Parts of your car insurance policy
Knowing the specifics of your policy helps when choosing the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. These are typical coverage types found on the average car insurance policy.
Auto liability insurance – Liability insurance can cover damage or injury you incur to a person or their property by causing an accident. It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see limits of 30/60/25 which stand for a limit of $30,000 per injured person, a total of $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers things like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, repair costs for stationary objects and pain and suffering. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but buy as much as you can afford. Texas requires drivers to carry at least 30/60/25 but it’s recommended drivers buy higher limits.
The illustration below demonstrates why the minimum limit may not provide you with enough coverage.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision – Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as damage from getting keyed, hail damage and theft. The maximum payout a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Medical costs insurance – Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for short-term medical expenses such as X-ray expenses, dental work, nursing services, prosthetic devices and rehabilitation expenses. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
UM/UIM Coverage – This coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many Texas drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (30/60/25), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Collision coverage – Collision coverage pays for damage to your Avenger resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for things like sustaining damage from a pot hole, backing into a parked car, scraping a guard rail, colliding with another moving vehicle and sideswiping another vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible on your Avenger in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Persistent drivers can save
We covered many ideas to compare Dodge Avenger insurance premium rates in Plano. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the lowest premium rates are with some of the lesser-known companies. These companies may only write in your state and offer lower prices than their larger competitors like State Farm or Progressive.
When buying insurance coverage, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many situations where someone dropped full coverage only to regret at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Additional learning opportunities
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Ford F-150 in Plano? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Plano Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Electric Cars in Plano? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Hyundai Elantra in Plano? (FAQ)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)