Searching for the cheapest Nissan Altima insurance in Plano? Nobody likes buying insurance, especially when they know they could find lower prices if they just compared rates.
Inconceivable but true, 70% of consumers have purchased from the same company for more than four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never quoted insurance rates at all. The average driver in Plano can save about $1,800 each year by just shopping around, but they don’t believe the actual amount they would save if they changed companies.
Steps to buying low-cost Nissan Altima insurance in Plano
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get budget car insurance rates in Plano is to compare prices at least once a year from insurers who can sell car insurance in Texas.
- Read and learn about what is in your policy and the changes you can make to keep rates in check. Many rating factors that result in higher prices like getting speeding tickets and an imperfect credit history can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find better rates and decide to switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Provide proper notification to your current company of your intention to cancel the current policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application to the new company. Once coverage is bound, store the proof of insurance paperwork somewhere easily accessible.
A crucial key to this process is to make sure you’re comparing similar limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to look at as many companies as you can. Doing this enables an accurate price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
You have multiple insurers to purchase coverage from, and although it’s nice to have a selection, more choices can make it harder to compare rates for Nissan Altima insurance in Plano.
It’s a good habit to get comparison quotes on a regular basis since insurance prices change regularly. Just because you had the best deal on Nissan Altima insurance in Plano six months ago a different company probably has better premium rates today. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in the tricks you need to know to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
Quoting and buying the lowest-priced policy in Plano is not as hard as you may think. If you are insured now or are looking for a new policy, you can use this information to lower your rates and still get good coverage. Vehicle owners just have to learn how to shop their coverage around on the web.
Cutting your Plano insurance rates can be surprisingly simple. Drivers just need to take the time to get quotes online with multiple companies.
Getting free price quotes online is quite simple, and it takes the place of having to waste gas driving to different Plano agent offices. The ability to buy insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless you want the professional advice that only a licensed agent can provide. Some companies do allow you to obtain prices from the web but have a local agent actually write the policy.
The following companies offer price comparisons in Texas. If you wish to find the best cheap car insurance in Plano, TX, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Nissan Altima insurance charts and tables
The data table shown below highlights detailed analysis of insurance prices for Nissan Altima models. Learning as much as possible about how policy rates are formulated can assist in making smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Altima 2.5 4-Dr Sedan||$142||$266||$366||$22||$110||$906||$76|
|Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$142||$312||$366||$22||$110||$952||$79|
|Altima Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$160||$312||$366||$22||$110||$970||$81|
|Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$160||$312||$414||$24||$124||$1,034||$86|
|Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$160||$312||$366||$22||$110||$970||$81|
|Altima 3.5 SR 2-Dr Coupe||$160||$360||$414||$24||$124||$1,082||$90|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and homeowner. Premium costs do not factor in specific garaging location which can influence insurance rates considerably.
The example below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can influence Nissan Altima insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The information is based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Three reasons to not skimp on car insurance
Despite the high cost, insurance is mandatory in Texas but it also protects more than you think.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability insurance coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Nissan Altima, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Nissan at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Car insurance preserves both your assets and your car. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying car insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying over $820 a year so compare rate quotes at least once a year to save money.
How Your Altima Insurance Premiums are Determined
Many different elements are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, although others are less apparent such as your credit history or how financially stable you are. It’s important that you understand the factors that go into determining the level of your policy premiums. When consumers understand what influences your rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can earn you better car insurance rates.
Urban residents pay more – Being located in small towns and rural areas can be a good thing when insuring your vehicles. People who live in big cities have to deal with congested traffic and much longer commute distances. Fewer drivers on the road translates into fewer accidents in addition to lower liability claims.
Credit score impact car insurance costs – Credit score is likely to be a major factor in determining what you pay. If your credit score can be improved, you could pay less to insure your Nissan Altima if you clean up your credit. Consumers who have very high credit ratings tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with worse credit.
Higher prices for specific jobs – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for car insurance? Occupational choices like judges, air traffic controllers, and miners generally pay higher premiums than the average policyholder because of high stress levels and lots of time spent away from family. On the flip side, jobs such as farmers, historians and the unemployed have lower than average premiums.
Low mileage costs less – Driving more miles annually the higher your rates will be. Most companies rate vehicles based upon how much you drive. Vehicles that have low annual miles receive lower rates than cars that get driven a lot. An improperly rated Altima can cost quite a bit. Double check that your car insurance policy is rated on the correct usage for each vehicle.
Bad driving leads to higher prices – Having a clean driving record impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Even one citation can boost insurance rates by twenty percent. Careful drivers tend to pay less for car insurance than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who get multiple violations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may find they need to prove financial responsibility with their state in order to keep their license.
The chart below demonstrates how traffic citations and at-fault accidents can influence Nissan Altima auto insurance rates for each age group. Data assumes a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Raise physical damage deductibles and save – Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles tell how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if a covered claim is submitted. Physical damage protection, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, insures against damage to your car. Some coverage claims are collision with another vehicle, vandalism, and damage caused by road hazards. The more the insured has to pay upfront, the less your car insurance will be.
Prevent theft and save – Choosing a vehicle that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft devices like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms can thwart your vehicle from being stolen.
Liability protection is important – Your policy’s liability coverage provides coverage if you are found to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense coverage which can be incredibly expensive. It is affordable coverage compared to comp and collision, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Insurance losses for a Nissan Altima – Companies use historical loss data when they set coverage costs for each model. Vehicles that have increased claim numbers or amounts will cost more to insure. The table below outlines the insurance loss data for Nissan Altima vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, as a total average, equals 100. Values below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values that are above 100 show a trend for more claims or a tendency for claims to be larger.
|Specific Nissan Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Slash rates with these discounts
Auto insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you might already qualify for some discounts to reduce the price significantly. A few discounts will be applied when you quote, but some need to be asked for prior to getting the savings. If you do not double check each discount available, you are just wasting money.
- Cautious Driver Discount – Accident-free drivers can pay as much as 50% less than their less cautious counterparts.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles can earn substantially lower premium rates.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags could see savings as much as 30%.
- Telematics Discount – Insureds who allow companies to study when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device such as State Farm’s In-Drive might get better premium rates as long as the data is positive.
- Discount for Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a discounted price on car insurance if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Sign Early and Save – Some companies reward drivers for switching to them before your current coverage expires. It could save around 10% when you buy Plano auto insurance online.
Just know that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
The information below compares Nissan Altima annual premium costs with and without policy discounts. The data is based on a female driver, no violations or accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-policy, multi-car, homeowner, claim-free, and safe-driver discounts applied.
To view auto insurance companies with discount rates in Plano, click here to view.
Compare rate quotes but still have a local neighborhood Plano car insurance agent
Some consumers would prefer to go talk to an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Agents are highly skilled in risk management and help file insurance claims. The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is you can get the best rates but also keep your business local. And providing support for small agencies is important especially in Plano.
Once you complete this short form, the quote information gets sent to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t even need to even leave your home since price quotes are sent directly to you. If you wish to compare prices for a specific company, just search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing a insurer should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
Once you have good feedback to all your questions as well as a affordable price, you have narrowed it down to an provider that can be relied on to adequately provide insurance. Keep in mind it’s your coverage and you can terminate coverage any time you want so don’t think you’re contractually obligated to any particular company for the entire policy term.
Texas car insurance company ratings
Picking the highest-rated company is hard considering how many choices drivers have in Texas. The company information in the next section may help you choose which companies you want to consider when shopping around.
Top 10 Plano Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
Top 10 Plano Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Don’t give up on cheaper rates
We just showed you many ideas to shop for Nissan Altima insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Plano auto insurance, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even find the lowest priced car insurance comes from the smaller companies. Regional companies often have lower prices on specific markets than their larger competitors like Allstate and Progressive.
Budget-friendly car insurance in Plano is available from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some car insurance companies don’t offer rate quotes online and many times these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent agents.
When trying to cut insurance costs, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
How to buy cheaper Nissan Altima insurance in Plano
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find affordable quotes for Nissan Altima insurance in Plano is to compare quotes once a year from providers in Texas. This can be done by following these steps.
Step 1: Take a little time to learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can control to drop your rates. Many things that result in higher prices such as traffic violations, accidents, and a not-so-good credit rating can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Step 2: Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple sources. Start a quote
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find better rates and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Tell your current agent or company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application to your new agent or company. As soon as you have the new policy, store the certificate verifying proof of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
A valuable tip to remember is to use the same deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. This guarantees a level playing field and the best rate selection.
Even more information can be read in the articles below:
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Government Employees in Plano? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Single Moms in Plano? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for High Risk Drivers in Plano? (FAQ)
- How Much are Plano Auto Insurance Quotes for Nurses? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Uber Drivers in Plano? (FAQ)
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)