Do you want to learn how to find low-cost auto insurance rates in Plano, TX? Plano buyers have a choice when searching for the lowest priced GMC Terrain insurance. They can either spend hours driving around getting price quotes or use the internet to make rate comparisons.
There is a better way to buy auto insurance so we’re going to tell you the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage for a new or used GMC and find the lowest price from Plano insurance agents and online providers.
You should make it a habit to do price comparisons once or twice a year because insurance prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you found the best deal on GMC Terrain insurance in Plano two years ago you will most likely find a better rate quote today. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because I’m going to teach you the easiest way to find lower rates on auto insurance.
This information will teach you how insurance works and how you can save the most money. If you are already insured, you will be able to reduce premiums using the following tips. Consumers only need to know the quickest method to find the lowest price from multiple carriers.
The companies shown below provide quotes in Texas. To find cheap auto insurance in Plano, TX, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Insurance coverage details
The rate information shown next covers detailed analysis of insurance prices for GMC Terrain models. Having a good understanding how insurance policy premiums are calculated can be valuable when making decisions on which coverage to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Terrain SLE 2WD||$268||$456||$334||$20||$100||$1,178||$98|
|Terrain SLE AWD||$268||$456||$334||$20||$100||$1,178||$98|
|Terrain SLT 2WD||$302||$538||$334||$20||$100||$1,294||$108|
|Terrain SLT AWD||$302||$538||$334||$20||$100||$1,294||$108|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Premium costs do not factor in specific zip code location which can increase or decrease insurance rates greatly.
Drive responsibly or pay higher rates
The information below shows how violations and fender-benders can raise GMC Terrain insurance prices for different age groups of insureds. The price estimates are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Get cheaper rates by taking advantage of these six discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always publicize every possible discount in an easy-to-find place, so the next list breaks down some of the best known and the harder-to-find discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Plano auto insurance online.
- Early Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Drivers over the age of 55 can possibly qualify for reduced rates.
- One Accident Forgiven – This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like Liberty Mutual, GEICO and Allstate will turn a blind eye to one accident before your rates go up as long as you don’t have any claims for a set time period.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to fasten their seat belts can save 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Driver’s Ed – Cut your cost by having your teen driver participate in a local driver’s education class if it’s offered in school.
- Home Ownership Discount – Being a homeowner can get you a discount because maintaining a house shows financial diligence.
As is typical with insurance, most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The information below illustrates the difference between GMC Terrain car insurance costs with and without discounts applied. The costs are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, marriage, multi-policy, multi-car, claim-free, and safe-driver discounts applied.
To see insurers that offer multiple discounts in Texas, follow this link.
Three reasons to insure your GMC vehicle
Even though Plano Terrain insurance rates can get expensive, insurance is required in Texas but also provides important benefits.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your GMC Terrain, more than likely the lender will have a requirement that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If the policy lapses, the lender will be forced to insure your GMC for a lot more money and require you to fork over for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects your GMC Terrain and your assets. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay to defend you if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your GMC as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your car more than offset the price you pay, especially for larger claims. But the average driver in Texas overpays as much as $855 a year so it’s recommended you shop around at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Don’t I need to have guidance from an insurance agent?
Many people would rather go talk to an agent and that is a personal choice. Professional insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help in the event of a claim. An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain cheap auto insurance quotes and still have a local agent. Putting coverage with neighborhood agents is important particularly in Plano.
Once you complete this simple form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to participating agents in Plano who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to visit any agencies as quotes are delivered instantly to you. If you wish to get a price quote from a specific company, just visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
The following are Plano auto insurance companies that may be willing to give comparison quotes for GMC Terrain insurance in Plano.
- GEICO Insurance Agent
1729 N Central Expy Suite A – Plano, TX 75075 – (972) 509-5600 – View Map
- Encore Insurance Agency, L.L.C.
2301 Ohio Dr – Plano, TX 75093 – (877) 745-5005 – View Map
- William Kuo – State Farm Insurance Agent
280 Legacy Dr #250 – Plano, TX 75023 – (972) 575-9100 – View Map
- Choice Insurance LLC
5045 Bridge Creek Dr – Plano, TX 75093 – (469) 467-6379 – View Map
Deciding on a insurer requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- When do they do a full risk review?
Auto insurance coverages 101
Learning about specific coverages of auto insurance can be of help when determining the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like vandalism, rock chips in glass and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your GMC Terrain.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (30/60/25 in Texas), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea. Normally these coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Collision insurance pays for damage to your Terrain caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims such as rolling your car, crashing into a ditch, sideswiping another vehicle and colliding with a tree. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also bump up the deductible on your Terrain in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for expenses for chiropractic care, hospital visits and X-ray expenses. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Liability car insurance
This coverage protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property by causing an accident. It protects you against other people’s claims. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see liability limits of 30/60/25 which means a $30,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $60,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000. Some companies may use one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage pays for things such as repair bills for other people’s vehicles, bail bonds, court costs, attorney fees and medical expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as large an amount as possible. Texas state minimum liability requirements are 30/60/25 but you should consider buying more coverage.
The illustration below demonstrates why buying minimum limits may not be high enough to cover claims.