Unbelievable but true, the vast majority of consumers kept their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never even shopped around for cheap coverage. Texas drivers could save up to 70% each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they won’t spend time to compare rate quotes.
The best way we recommend to find affordable Chevy Spark EV insurance is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from companies who provide auto insurance in Plano. Prices can be compared by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about how companies set rates and the factors you can control to keep rates in check. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates like speeding tickets, accidents and a poor credit score can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Step 2: Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save money and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Step 4: Give notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit payment and a completed application to your new carrier. As soon as you have the new policy, store the proof of insurance paperwork along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
One tip to remember is to make sure you’re comparing the same deductibles and limits on every quote request and to quote with as many carriers as you can. This provides a fair price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
To get inexpensive Plano car insurance quotes, there a variety of ways to compare quotes from many available auto insurance companies in Texas. The easiest way to find cheaper rates is to get quotes online.
Doing online rates comparisons is so easy that it makes it a waste of time to actually drive to each insurance agency near you. Buying insurance online has made agencies unnecessary unless you have a complicated situation and need the professional abilities that only an agent can give. Some companies do allow you to comparison shop your insurance online but have a local agent actually write the policy. Just keep in mind that comparing all the rates in your area helps locate a lower rate. Not every company does Plano Spark EV insurance quotes online, so it’s important to compare price estimates from them as well.
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in Texas. In order to find cheap auto insurance in Plano, we recommend you get price quotes from several of them to get the lowest price.
Lower rate quotes by receiving discounts
Insurance can be pricey, but you might already qualify for some discounts that you may not know about. Some discounts will apply when you quote, but a few must be manually applied prior to receiving the credit. If you are not receiving all the discounts you deserve, you may be paying too high a price.
- College Student – College-age children who are attending college and don’t have a car could get you a discount.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you combine your homeowners and auto policies and insure them with the same company you may earn 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Own a Home and Save – Just being a homeowner can help you save on insurance because maintaining a house demonstrates responsibility.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying in monthly installments you could save up to 5%.
- Claim Free – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims have much lower rates in comparison to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
A quick disclaimer, some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. If you do the math and it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky.
Popular insurance companies and their possible discounts are:
- Progressive may have discounts that include homeowner, multi-policy, good student, online signing, continuous coverage, and online quote discount.
- AAA may offer discounts for pay-in-full, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, good driver, multi-car, multi-policy, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for business and professional, early shopping, mature driver, bundle discounts, youthful driver, switch companies, and alternative fuel.
- GEICO includes discounts for multi-vehicle, federal employee, multi-policy, seat belt use, membership and employees, and driver training.
- Esurance offers premium reductions for renters, Switch & Save, safety device, multi-policy, and anti-lock brakes.
- SAFECO offers discounts including accident prevention training, safe driver, multi-car, bundle discounts, drive less, and teen safe driver.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including driver’s education, Drive Safe & Save, good driver, student away at school, accident-free, and multiple autos.
Double check with every prospective company which discounts they offer. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered on policies in your area.
You Can Change Your Insurance Prices
Many factors are used in the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, but some are not as apparent like where you live or your commute time.
- Long commutes cost more – The higher the miles on your Chevy in a year the more you’ll pay to insure it. Most insurance companies charge to insure your cars based on their usage. Cars and trucks used primarily for pleasure use qualify for better rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Verify your vehicle rating shows the correct driver usage. An improperly rated Spark EV can result in significantly higher rates.
- Bad credit will cost you – Having a good credit score is a big factor in calculating your premium rate. So if your credit rating is lower than you’d like, you could save money insuring your Chevrolet Spark EV if you clean up your credit. Consumers who have high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure as compared to drivers with worse credit.
- Prevent insurance lapses – Driving with no insurance is illegal and you will pay a penalty because you let your coverage have a gap. Not only will rates go up, getting caught without coverage may earn you a steep fine or even jail time. You could then be forced to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Texas motor vehicle department.
- Urban residents pay more – Being located in less populated areas can be a good thing when buying insurance. Fewer people means less chance of accidents in addition to fewer liability claims. Drivers who live in large Texas cities have to deal with more aggressive driving styles and higher rates of accident claims. More time behind the wheel statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
- No insurance claims equals better insurance rates – Insurance companies in Texas give most affordable rates to policyholders who file claims infrequently. If you file a lot of claims you can look forward to higher rates. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of more catastrophic claims.
- Performance affects premiums – The performance of the vehicle you are insuring makes a big difference in determining your rates. Low performance passenger cars usually have the lowest premiums, but your final cost has many other factors.
- Is your vehicle theft-ready? – Purchasing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can help bring down rates. Advanced theft deterrents such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack help track and prevent car theft.
- Lower stress equals lower premiums – Careers like real estate brokers, social workers, and financial analysts tend to pay higher rates than average because of intense work situations and incredibly demanding work hours. On the flip side, occupations like scientists, engineers and retirees pay the least.