It’s an obvious statement that insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Drivers who compare other prices are inclined to move their business because they have a good chance of finding better rates. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that people who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved about $865 annually compared to other drivers who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the lowest price on car insurance in Plano is the reason you’re here, then learning a little about how to get rate quotes and compare car insurance can save time and make the process easier.
Truthfully, the best way to get discount Cadillac ATS insurance in Plano is to regularly compare quotes from insurance carriers who provide car insurance in Texas.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about coverages and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that result in higher prices such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and a low credit score can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely. Later in this article we will cover instructions to help keep prices low and get additional discounts.
- Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing policy to determine if you can save on ATS insurance. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Provide notification to your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit the application along with any required down payment to the new company. As soon as coverage is bound, keep the new proof of insurance certificate somewhere easily accessible.
One thing to remember is to compare similar coverage information on each quote request and and to get price estimates from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides the most accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Plano auto insurance discounts
Auto insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but there could be significant discounts that you may not even know about. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time of quoting, but some need to be asked about in order for you to get them. If you do not double check each discount available, you could be getting lower rates.
- Renewal Discounts – A few auto insurance companies allow discounts for renewing your policy before your current ATS insurance policy expires. The savings is around 10%.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Options like air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Low Miles Discount – Driving less may enable drivers to earn better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Employee of Federal Government – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may reduce rates when you quote Plano auto insurance depending on your auto insurance provider.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being in qualifying clubs or civic groups could earn you a nice discount when getting a Plano auto insurance quote.
- Resident Student – Kids living away from Plano attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning a home in Plano may earn you a small savings because of the fact that having a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Claim Free – Good drivers with no accidents can save substantially when compared with policyholders that have many claims.
- Good Driver Discount – Insureds without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you can combine your auto and home policy and insure them with the same company you could get a discount of up to 20% off your total ATS insurance premium.
As a footnote on discounts, some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. Any qualifying discounts will definitely lower the amount you pay for coverage.
Larger auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are detailed below.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for defensive driver, good student, vehicle fuel type, driver training, bundle, and air bag.
- American Family offers discounts for good student, accident-free, bundled insurance, good driver, multi-vehicle, and early bird.
- Progressive offers discounts including online signing, good student, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and multi-policy.
- Travelers has savings for IntelliDrive, driver training, multi-policy, continuous insurance, multi-car, save driver, and early quote.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include good student, multi-car, switch companies, early shopping, distant student, and electronic funds transfer.
- USAA has discounts for good student, loyalty savings, vehicle storage, defensive driver, and safe driver.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for good student, multi-car, hybrid vehicle, exclusive group savings, new graduate, preferred payment discount, and new move discount.
Double check with every insurance company to give you their best rates. Discounts may not apply in Plano. To see a list of auto insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Plano, click here to view.
Many insurance companies give pricing from their websites. Obtaining pricing for Cadillac ATS insurance in Plano can be done by anyone as you simply enter the coverages you want as requested by the quote form. Once entered, the company’s rating system pulls your driving and credit reports and provides a quote based on many factors.
Being able to quote online for Cadillac ATS insurance in Plano makes it simple to compare prices and it is imperative to have as many quotes as possible in order to get the most affordable premium possible.
To quickly get comparison pricing now, check out the auto insurance providers below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you duplicate the insurance coverages as close as possible to your current policy. This guarantees you will be getting a price comparison using the same coverage and limits.
The following companies are ready to provide quotes in Plano, TX. If your goal is to find cheap auto insurance in TX, we recommend you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Get Cheap Insurance Prices by Understanding These Factors
It’s important that you understand some of the elements that play a part in calculating insurance rates. If you know what determines base rates, this helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with lower rates.
The factors shown below are some of the things used by companies to determine your premiums.
Higher comp and collision deductibles are cheaper – Physical damage insurance, also known as collision and other-than-collision, covers damage that occurs to your Cadillac. Examples of covered claims are a broken windshield, hail damage, and windstorm damage. Deductibles for physical damage are the amount of money you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. The more you’re willing to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
Insurance rates and vehicle performance – The type of car or truck you are buying insurance for makes a big difference in your premium level. The lowest performance passenger models usually have the lowest premiums, but your final cost has many other factors.
Do you have enough liability insurance? – Your insurance policy’s liability coverage is the coverage that protects you when you are determined to be liable for an accident. Liability provides legal defense starting from day one. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
Insurance rates and age – Older drivers are more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and usually have better credit. Teenage drivers are statistically proven to be easily distracted when driving so insurance rates are higher.
Gals pay lower costs – Statistics have proven females are less aggressive when driving. The data does not necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. Men and women have accidents at a similar rate, but the males have accidents that have higher claims. In addition to higher claims, males also get higher numbers of serious violations like DUI and reckless driving. Males from age 16 to 21 cause the most accidents so it costs more to insure them.
Low credit score equals high rates – Your credit rating is likely to be a major factor in determining your rates. People with high credit ratings tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers with worse credit. If your credit score leaves room for improvement, you may save money insuring your Cadillac ATS by spending a little time repairing your credit.
Cadillac ATS insurance loss statistics – Auto insurance companies factor in insurance loss information to calculate a price that will offset any claims. Vehicles that the data shows to have higher loss trends will cost more to insure.
The table below outlines the loss history for Cadillac ATS vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is represented as 100. Percentages below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values over 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or a tendency for claims to be larger.
|Specific Cadillac Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Cadillac ATS 4dr 2WD||121||97||103||107||96||90|
|Cadillac ATS 4dr 4WD||127||81||91||92||93||74|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Different people need different auto insurance coverages
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a best way to insure your cars. Your financial needs are unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For example, these questions may help highlight whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Compare rate quotes but work with a local neighborhood Plano car insurance agent
Many drivers would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent. Professional agents can answer important questions and help in the event of a claim. The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is you can get the best rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying insurance from neighborhood agents is still important in Plano.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, the quote information is sent to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your house as quotes are delivered to you directly. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific auto insurance provider, just navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Plano auto insurance agents come in two flavors
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a reliable insurance agency, it helps to know the two different agency structures and how they are distinctly different. Agents are either independent or exclusive. Either type can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s a good idea to understand how they differ because it can impact which type of agent you select.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents are not required to write business for one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to switch agencies. When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you check rates from several independent insurance agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most also have access to companies you’ve never heard of that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
The following are Plano independent agencies that can possibly get you rate quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Reginald Denard White
800 E Central Pkwy Ste 200 – Plano, TX 75074 – (972) 422-9412 – View Map
- Roger Welch Agency, LLC
2770 Main St #104 – Frisco, TX 75033 – (972) 380-6677 – View Map
- Paragon Independent Insurance Agencies
6305 Preston Rd Suite 1000 – Plano, TX 75024 – (972) 473-4813 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type normally can only provide a single company’s rates such as Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents are well schooled on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers frequently purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to the brand name rather than low rates.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agents in Plano willing to provide price quotes.
- Raymond Holden – State Farm Insurance Agent
6100 K Ave #106 – Plano, TX 75074 – (972) 424-5900 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: John Clements
2500 Dallas Pkwy Ste 150 – Plano, TX 75093 – (972) 312-1800 – View Map
- Mike Warren – State Farm Insurance Agent
2100 Dallas Pkwy #110 – Plano, TX 75093 – (972) 403-1060 – View Map
Finding a good car insurance agent requires more thought than just the price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
Auto insurance is not optional in Texas
Even though Plano ATS insurance rates can get expensive, paying for auto insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Cadillac, almost every bank will have a requirement that you buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Cadillac at a significantly higher premium and force you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your Cadillac but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you cause an accident and are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly for liability claims. The average driver in Texas is wasting up to $830 a year so shop around once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
Persistent drivers can save
Some insurance providers may not provide online price quotes and these smaller companies prefer to sell through local independent agents. Discount Cadillac ATS insurance can be bought both online as well as from independent agents in Plano, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, drivers have reduced full coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
We just covered a lot of ways to save on Cadillac ATS insurance in Plano. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get prices for, the higher your chance of finding affordable Plano auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from some of the lesser-known companies. These smaller insurers can often provide lower prices in certain areas compared to the large companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Plano? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Company Car in Plano? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Welfare Recipients in Plano? (FAQ)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)