The most effective way to find cheaper prices for Cadillac SRX insurance in Plano is to begin comparing prices regularly from providers in Texas.
- Step 1: Take a little time to learn about policy coverages and the measures you can control to lower rates. Many rating criteria that drive up the price such as multiple speeding tickets and an imperfect credit rating can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. View insurance agents
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if cheaper SRX coverage is available in Plano. If you can save some money, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your existing policy and submit the completed application along with a down payment to your new agent or company. As soon as you receive it, safely store the certificate verifying proof of insurance in your glove compartment.
One tip to remember is to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to get rates from as many carriers as you can. Doing this enables a fair price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Unbelievable but true, nearly 70% of customers renewed their policy with the same company for at least four years, and nearly the majority have never compared rate quotes at all. The average driver in Plano can cut their rates by $1,800 a year just by comparing rates, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to find lower-cost insurance rates.
These discounts can reduce Cadillac SRX insurance rates
Companies that sell car insurance do not advertise every possible discount in an easy-to-find place, so the next list breaks down a few of the more common and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving when you buy Plano car insurance online.
- Home Ownership Discount - Being a homeowner can get you a discount since home ownership requires personal responsibility.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Insuring multiple vehicles on a single policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Anti-theft System - Cars equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems have a lower chance of being stolen and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- No Charge for an Accident - Not necessarily a discount, but companies like GEICO, State Farm, and Progressive permit an accident without raising rates so long as you haven't had any claims before the accident.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Some insurance companies give a discounted rate on car insurance if you buy life insurance from them.
Just know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, it doesn't quite work that way. Any amount of discount will definitely reduce the amount you pay for coverage.
The chart below shows the difference between Cadillac SRX auto insurance costs with and without discounts applied. The costs are based on a female driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Texas state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, claim-free, marriage, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-car discounts applied.
To choose insurers who offer online Cadillac SRX insurance quotes in Plano, click this link.
Low cost Cadillac SRX insurance prices in Plano, Texas
All major car insurance companies give prices on the web. Getting online rates for Cadillac SRX insurance in Plano is quite simple as you just type in your coverage information into the form. Behind the scenes, the company's rating system automatically orders your driving record and credit report and gives you a price quote based on the data you entered. Being able to quote online for Cadillac SRX insurance in Plano makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it's very important to get many rate quotes in order to get the best rate.
In order to compare pricing, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. To compare your current rates, we recommend that you enter coverages and limits as shown on your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will receive comparison quotes for similar insurance coverage.
The companies shown below offer free rate quotes in Texas. To locate cheaper auto insurance in Plano, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to find the most competitive rates.
Rates and data analysis
The coverage information shown next showcases estimates of policy rates for Cadillac SRX models. Understanding more about how rate quotes are formulated is important for making smart choices when selecting a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|SRX Luxury 2WD||$326||$774||$462||$28||$138||$1,728||$144|
|SRX Luxury AWD||$326||$774||$462||$28||$138||$1,728||$144|
|SRX Performance 2WD||$362||$774||$462||$28||$138||$1,764||$147|
|SRX Performance AWD||$362||$774||$462||$28||$138||$1,764||$147|
|SRX Premium 2WD||$362||$774||$462||$28||$138||$1,764||$147|
|SRX Premium AWD||$362||$774||$462||$28||$138||$1,764||$147|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and claim-free. Price estimates do not factor in specific location information which can increase or decrease auto insurance rates significantly.
The example below highlights how deductible selection and can impact Cadillac SRX yearly insurance costs for each age group. The premium estimates are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Insurance rate increases from tickets or accidents
The information below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault collisions can increase Cadillac SRX insurance prices for each different age group. The rates are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Rate comparison of males versus females
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Cadillac SRX insurance costs for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Cadillac SRX liability rates compared to full coverage
The example below illustrates the difference between Cadillac SRX car insurance rates with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The data is based on no claims, a clean driving record, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied.
Are you wasting money paying for full coverage?
There is no clear-cut formula to drop physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of having full coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Cadillac SRX book value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would receive is $4,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are currently paying more than $400 annually for full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some circumstances where dropping full coverage is not a good idea. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Lower Your Plano Insurance Costs
When buying car insurance it's important to understand some of the things that aid in calculating your premiums. If you have some idea of what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that may result in lower car insurance prices. Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, although some other factors are not quite as obvious like your continuous coverage or how safe your car is.
Listed below are some of the factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set your premiums.
Lower rates for safer cars - Safer cars can get you lower premiums. Safe vehicles reduce occupant injuries and better occupant protection means lower claim amounts passed on to you as lower rates. If your Cadillac scored better than an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may be receiving a better rate.
Bump up physical damage deductibles to lower rates - Insurance for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Some examples of claims that would be covered would be a dented fender, damage from fire, and burglary. Physical damage deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay in the event of a claim. The more you're willing to pay, the better rate you will receive.
Only buy coverage you need - Policies have additional extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your car insurance policy. Insurance for vanishing deductibles, towing, and extra equipment coverage may be costing you every month. These may sound like a good investment when deciding what coverages you need, but if they're wasting money get rid of them and save.
Deter theft and lower rates - Choosing to buy a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can earn a premium discount. Theft prevention devices such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM's OnStar system all help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
Pay more if you have a long commute - Living in less populated areas of the country can be a good thing when shopping for auto insurance. Urban drivers have to deal with much more traffic and longer commute times. Fewer drivers and short commutes means a lower chance of having an accident and a lower car theft rate.
What type of car, truck or SUV do you drive? - The performance of the car you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a big difference in how high your rates are. The best insurance prices will normally be found when insuring lower performance four cylinder passenger vehicles, but that's not the only thing that factors into the final price.
The following chart uses these assumptions: married female driver age 20, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It compares Cadillac SRX policy rates compared to other vehicles that have a range of risk factors.
Get hitched and pay less - Having a spouse may earn you lower rates compared to being single. Marriage means you're more responsible it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married are more cautious.
Insurance loss data for a Cadillac SRX - Companies analyze past claim statistics when setting rates for each model. Vehicles that statistically have higher frequency or amount of claims will cost more for coverage.
The data below shows the loss history for Cadillac SRX vehicles. For each coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is represented as 100. Values that are below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while percentage values above 100 indicate more frequent losses or larger claims.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Cadillac SRX 4dr 2WD||103||101||84||80||82||91|
|Cadillac SRX 4dr 4WD||109||106||103||78||75||83|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Everyone needs different insurance coverages
When selecting the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn't really a one size fits all plan. Your financial needs are unique so this has to be addressed. These are some specific questions may help you determine whether or not you could use an agent's help.
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- What is the ISO rating for a Cadillac SRX?
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
- What are the best liability limits?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Independent or exclusive insurance agencies
Some consumers prefer to go talk to an agent and that is not a bad decision A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is you may find the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent.
Once you complete this simple form, your coverage information is submitted to participating agents in Plano that can provide free Plano car insurance quotes for your coverage. You don't have to do any legwork because prices are sent to you directly. You can find lower rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you have a need to compare rates for a specific company, feel free to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Picking the best company needs to be determined by more than just the price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Plano?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
Best car insurance agent in Plano
If you are searching for a reputable agency, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents and how they work. Car insurance policy providers can be described as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can usually just insure with one company such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. They usually cannot shop your coverage around so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agencies are well schooled on their company's products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in Plano who may provide you with price quote information.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent are not locked into one company so they can quote policies through many different car insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they find a lower price, they simply switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency. If you are comparing car insurance prices, we recommend you check rates from multiple independent agents for maximum quote selection.
Below is a short list of independent agents in Plano that can give you rate quotes.
Choosing the best SRX insurance in Texas is an important decision
Despite the potentially high cost of Cadillac SRX insurance, insurance may be required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability in order to drive the car. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Cadillac SRX has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you carry insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Cadillac at a more expensive rate and make you pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. It will also cover all forms of medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you cause an accident and are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is wasting up to $850 per year so shop around at every policy renewal to save money.
Best auto insurance in Texas
Choosing the top auto insurance company is hard considering how many companies sell coverage in Plano. The company rank data in the lists below can help you decide which coverage providers you want to consider comparing price quotes from.
Top 10 Plano Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Top 10 Plano Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA - 91%
- AAA Insurance - 90%
- Esurance - 90%
- Mercury Insurance - 89%
- Nationwide - 89%
- Travelers - 88%
- Progressive - 88%
- Safeco Insurance - 88%
- State Farm - 88%
- Allstate - 88%
Auto insurance savings summarized
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it's very important that you do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many instances, an insured cut liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time they didn't purchase enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Cost effective Cadillac SRX insurance is attainable on the web as well as from independent agents in Plano, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best selection. Some companies don't offer online price quotes and these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
You just read quite a bit of information on how to reduce Cadillac SRX insurance prices online in Plano. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better chance you'll have of finding the cheapest Cadillac SRX rate quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest prices are with a smaller regional carrier. These companies often have lower rates on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
Additional auto insurance information can be read at the links below
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Teachers in Plano? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents in Plano? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Plano Auto Insurance Quotes for High Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much is Plano Auto Insurance for Good Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Teenage Males in Plano? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Homeowners in Plano? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 25 in Plano? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Warning systems don't curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)