Would you like to buy more competitive car insurance rates in Plano, TX? Plano drivers have options when trying to find affordable Chevy Bolt EV insurance. They can either waste time contacting agents trying to get quotes or leverage the internet to compare rates.
There are more efficient ways to shop for car insurance and you need to know the quickest way to get price quotes on a Chevy and get the best price possible from both online companies and Plano agents.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that nearly 70% of customers have been with the same company for four years or more, and virtually 40% of consumers have never even shopped around for lower-cost coverage. The average driver in Plano could save up to $1,770 a year, but they underestimate how much money they would save if they switched.
This article's intent is to help you learn the best methods to compare rates and how to save the most money. If you have a current car insurance policy, you will most likely be able to lower your rates using the tips covered below. Vehicle owners just have to use the fastest way to compare prices online from multiple companies.
Finding cheaper insurance prices is not a difficult process. You just have to take time to compare rate quotes from different insurance companies.
The companies in the list below provide free rate quotes in Texas. If you wish to find the best cheap auto insurance in Plano, it's highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to find the lowest car insurance rates.
Here's why auto insurance is not optional
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Chevy in Plano, auto insurance is required by state law in Texas and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
First, almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to be legal. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your vehicle, most banks will require that you carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Chevy at a more expensive rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, auto insurance protects your Chevy and your assets. It also can pay for medical expenses that are the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a recent study, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $810 a year so it's recommended you shop around every year to ensure rates are inline.
Don't neglect these price cutting discounts
Companies don't always advertise every available discount very well, so the next list breaks down some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts you could be receiving when you buy Plano car insurance online.
- One Accident Forgiven - Not really a discount, but companies like Progressive and Allstate will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints - Options like air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Safety Course Discount - Participating in a defensive driver course could cut 5% off your bill depending on where you live.
- Theft Prevention System - Cars equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Military Discounts - Having a family member in the military could qualify you for better premium rates.
- Membership in Organizations - Being a member of a civic or occupational organization in Plano could earn you a nice discount on your next insurance statement.
- Sign Early and Save - Select companies give a discount for renewing your policy before your current coverage expires. You may see this discount when you get Plano car insurance quotes online.
You should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates it's possible to get free car insurance, it doesn't quite work that way.
The best insurance companies and their possible discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm discounts include Drive Safe & Save, good student, accident-free, multiple autos, and multiple policy.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including good student, youthful driver, pay in full, bundle discounts, distant student, teen driver, and alternative fuel.
- GEICO includes discounts for emergency military deployment, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, military active duty, federal employee, driver training, and daytime running lights.
- American Family may offer discounts for air bags, good student, early bird, multi-vehicle, and TimeAway discount.
- Nationwide has savings for good student, family plan, Farm Bureau membership, business or organization, and easy pay.
- Progressive offers discounts for online quote discount, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online signing, and continuous coverage.
Before you buy a policy, ask all the companies what discounts are available to you. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be offered in every state.
Local Plano insurance agents
Some consumers just want to buy from a local agent and that can be a great decision Good agents can help you build your policy and help submit paperwork. One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheaper prices and still have an agent to talk to. Putting coverage with local insurance agents is definitely important in Plano.
Once you complete this short form, your insurance data is transmitted to companies in Plano that provide free Plano car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won't even need to search for an agent because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. If you need to get a rate quote for a specific company, you can always visit that company's website and fill out their quote form.
If you would like to find a local insurance agency, it's important to understand the different agency structures and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agents in Plano are considered either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either can handle insurance, but it is important to understand the differences because it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Independent Insurance Agencies
These agents are not locked into one company so they can write business with many different companies and get you the best rates possible. If they find a cheaper price, your policy is moved internally which requires no work on your part. If you need lower rates, you absolutely need to compare prices from several independent insurance agents for maximum quote selection. Many write coverage with mutual insurance companies which could offer lower prices.
Featured below is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Plano that may be able to provide free price quotes.
- Best Insurance Agent
4332 Belvedere Dr - Plano, TX 75093 - (972) 398-2697 - View Map
- Sills Insurance
2817 Regal Rd # 101 - Plano, TX 75075 - (972) 596-5866 - View Map
- McCullough Insurance Agency, Inc.
1445 Los Rios Blvd #203 - Plano, TX 75074 - (972) 422-7918 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel have only one company to place business with like State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. They are unable to give you multiple price quotes so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales which can be an advantage. Consumers sometimes choose to use an exclusive agent partially due to the brand legacy rather than low rates.
The following are exclusive agents in Plano that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Brad Salter - State Farm Insurance Agent
8000 Coit Rd #100 - Plano, TX 75025 - (972) 731-0350 - View Map
- Ruth Bookhammer - State Farm Insurance Agent
1106 14th St - Plano, TX 75074 - (469) 814-0551 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Danny Wilson
5501 Independence Pkwy Ste 311 - Plano, TX 75023 - (972) 519-0936 - View Map
Selecting an insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Is coverage determined by price?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- How long has their agency been open in Plano?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
When in doubt talk to an agent
When buying a policy for your vehicles, there really isn't a perfect coverage plan. Your needs are unique to you and your policy should reflect that. Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Don't give up on affordable premiums
Cheap Chevy Bolt EV insurance in Plano is available online as well as from insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies do not provide rate quotes online and usually these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent agents.
You just read a lot of tips how to shop for Chevy Bolt EV insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get prices for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced insurance comes from a smaller regional carrier. Some small companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Steps to finding affordable quotes for Chevy Bolt EV insurance in Plano
The best way we recommend to find better pricing on Chevy Bolt EV insurance in Plano is to compare prices once a year from insurance carriers in Texas.
- First, take a little time to learn about how companies price auto insurance and the measures you can control to drop your rates. Many factors that result in higher prices like traffic violations, accidents, and an unacceptable credit history can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Second, compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for many different companies. Click to view companies
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price and switch companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company of your decision to cancel your current policy. Submit payment and a signed application for your new policy. Immediately place your new certificate verifying coverage above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as possible. This guarantees a fair rate comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Additional detailed information can be read at these sites:
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Toyota Tundra in Plano? (FAQ)
- How Much is Plano Car Insurance After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Honda Civic in Plano? (FAQ)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)