Unbelievable but true according to a study a large majority of car insurance policyholders have been with the same company for well over three years, and just short of a majority have never compared rates from other carriers. Consumers in Plano could save themselves approximately 70% a year by just shopping around, but they don't invest the time required to find affordable car insurance rates.
If you want to save money, the best way to get the cheapest car insurance rates in Plano is to start comparing prices regularly from companies in Texas. This can be done by following these guidelines.
- Take a little time to learn about how car insurance works and the factors you can control to prevent high rates. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as accidents, traffic tickets, and a negative credit score can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely. Continue reading for information to get affordable coverage and get discounts that may be overlooked.
- Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy premium and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find better rates and change companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
One tip to remember is to make sure you enter the same deductibles and limits on every quote and and to look at as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this enables a fair price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
If you already have coverage or just want a better rate, follow these tips to cut your premiums and possibly find even better coverage. Finding affordable auto insurance coverage in Plano is not that difficult. Smart buyers only have to learn the most efficient way to get comparison quotes online from multiple companies.
The majority of larger companies like State Farm and Allstate allow you to get prices for coverage on their websites. Obtaining pricing for Saturn Ion insurance in Plano doesn't take a lot of time as all you need to do is type in your coverage preferences as detailed in the form. After you submit the form their quoting system automatically orders information on your driving record and credit history and returns a price quote based on many factors. Getting online rate quotes for Saturn Ion insurance in Plano simplifies rate comparisons, and it is imperative to perform this step if you are searching for the lowest payment on insurance.
To save time and compare rates now, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you input the limits and deductibles just like they are on your policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will receive comparison quotes for similar insurance coverage.
The following companies have been selected to offer free quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Auto insurance is not optional but you don't have to overpay
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Ion has a loan, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you have insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may insure your Saturn at a much higher rate and require you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays more than $855 a year so shop around at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Smart Buyers Can Cut Their Insurance Premiums
It's important that you understand some of the things that are used to determine your car insurance rates. When consumers understand what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that may result in lower premium levels.
The list below includes some of the items used by companies to determine your prices.
Save money by having high credit - Credit history is a big factor in determining premium rates. So if your credit history can be improved, you could pay less to insure your Saturn Ion if you improve your credit rating. Drivers who have very good credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers who have lower credit ratings.
Less chance of injury means lower car insurance rates - Vehicles with good safety scores tend to have lower insurance rates. Safe vehicles reduce occupant injuries and lower injury rates translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims which can mean better rates for you. If your Saturn is rated at a minimum an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you are probably receiving a discount.
Don't abuse insurance claims - Companies in Texas provide lower rates to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you frequently file small claims, you can expect either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
Where you reside can affect premiums - Living in a small town can save you money when it comes to car insurance. Lower population translates into fewer accident claims and a lower car theft rate. Urban drivers tend to have more road rage incidents and much longer commute distances. Longer commute distances statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
Liability claims can be big - The liability coverage on your policy is the protection if ever you are ruled to be at fault for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. It will provide for a legal defense starting from day one. It is affordable coverage compared to comp and collision, so do not skimp.
Texas car insurance companies
Choosing the best auto insurance company is difficult considering how many companies there are to choose from in Texas. The company information in the lists below could help you pick which companies you want to consider purchasing a policy from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Affordable insurance rates are possible
Cheaper Saturn Ion insurance in Plano can be purchased from both online companies and from local agencies, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies may not offer online price quotes and many times these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent agents.
When shopping online for insurance, don't be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your focus should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
We've covered many tips how you can compare Saturn Ion insurance premium rates in Plano. It's most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Plano auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the most savings is with a small mutual company. These smaller insurers can often provide lower prices in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
For more information, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Plano Auto Insurance for Uninsured Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Handicapped Drivers in Plano? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Self-driving cars won't replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)