It’s an obvious conclusion that car insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Insureds who compare price quotes will presumably buy a new policy because there is a good probability of getting low-cost coverage. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that consumers who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved $3,450 over four years compared to people who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the most affordable Lincoln Continental insurance is your target objective, then learning a little about the best ways to find and compare insurance rates can save time and make the process easier.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get low-cost car insurance rates is to start comparing rates regularly from companies who sell insurance in Plano.
Step 1: Gain an understanding of how companies set rates and the modifications you can make to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that drive up the price such as speeding and poor credit rating can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Step 2: Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple companies. Compare rates now
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates and determine if cheaper Continental coverage is available in Plano. If you can save some money and decide to switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Step 4: Give notification to your current company of your intent to cancel the current policy and submit payment and a signed application to your new agent or company. As soon as coverage is bound, store the certificate of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
An important part of this process is that you’ll want to compare identical deductibles and limits on every quote and and to compare every company you can. Doing this enables an apples-to-apples comparison and many rates to choose from.
If you have insurance now or just want to save money, you can follow these tips to reduce the price you pay without reducing protection. Locating the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Plano is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. Smart shoppers just have to learn the least time-consuming way to get comparison quotes from many companies at once.
Most larger insurance companies allow you to get insurance quotes from their websites. Getting Lincoln Continental insurance prices online is possible for anyone because you just enter your personal and coverage information into the form. When complete, the company’s rating system requests your driving and credit reports and returns a price based on these and other factors. This streamlines rate comparisons, and it is important to compare as many rates as possible if you want to get cheap insurance pricing.
In order to get comparison pricing now, compare rates from the companies below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you enter coverages and limits identical to your current policy. This ensures you will be getting rate comparison quotes using the same coverage and limits.
The following companies can provide free rate quotes in Plano, TX. To locate the best car insurance in Plano, we recommend you click on several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Determine discounts to get cheap Plano auto insurance rates
Auto insurance is expensive, but there could be available discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Certain credits will be shown at the time of purchase, but a few need to be specifically requested in order for you to get them.
- Military Rewards – Being on active deployment in the military may lower your prices slightly.
- Driver Safety – Taking a course that instructs on driving safety could cut 5% off your bill and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you a discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not really a discount, but some companies like Progressive and Allstate permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a specific time period.
- Accident Free – Claim-free drivers get the best auto insurance rates in comparison to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Membership in Organizations – Having an affiliation with a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break when getting a Plano auto insurance quote.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags can receive discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Online Discount – Certain insurance companies provide a small discount simply for signing on your computer.
We need to note that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though you would think you can get free auto insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way.
A few popular companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts include:
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for youthful driver, renewal discount, safe driver, good student, multi-policy, driver training, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including multiple autos, driver’s education, safe vehicle, anti-theft, passive restraint, defensive driving training, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Progressive has discounts for homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online signing, and multi-policy.
- Allstate offers discounts including defensive driver, FullPay discount, passive restraint, auto/life discount, anti-theft, and new car.
- Nationwide may have discounts that include multi-policy, easy pay, defensive driving, Farm Bureau membership, family plan, business or organization, and good student.
- MetLife may offer discounts for defensive driver, multi-policy, accident-free, claim-free, good driver, and good student.
If you are trying to find the cheapest Lincoln Continental rate quotes, ask each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts listed above might not be available to policyholders everywhere.
Smart Consumers Save More
Many things are used in the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, but other criteria are not as apparent like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating.
The itemized list below are a few of the things utilized by car insurance companies to help set prices.
Vehicle risk impacts premiums – The performance of the car you drive makes a big difference in how high your rates are. Smaller low performance passenger cars generally receive the lowest base rates, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
Limits of liability coverage – Your auto insurance policy’s liability coverage will provide protection when a court rules you are at fault for damages from an accident. Your liability coverage provides legal defense to defend your case. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
Extra policy coverages could be costing you – There are a ton of extra bells and whistles that you can buy if you don’t pay attention. Add-on coverages like rental car reimbursement, towing, and Farm Bureau memberships could be just wasting money. These coverages may sound good when deciding what coverages you need, but if you don’t need them consider taking them off your policy.
Get hitched and pay lower rates – Having a wife or husband helps lower the price on your policy. Having a significant other is viewed as being more stable financially and statistics prove drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
Raise comp and collision deductibles and save – Physical damage protection, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, protects your Lincoln from damage. Some examples of covered claims would be running into the backend of another car, vandalism, or theft. The deductibles you choose state the amount of money the insured will be required to pay in the event of a claim. The larger the amount you have to pay, the less your auto insurance will be.
Your car’s features help determine rates – Choosing a vehicle with advanced anti-theft systems can help lower your rates. Theft deterrent systems such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
Credit score impacts premium rates – Having a good credit rating is likely to be a major factor in determining your rates. Drivers with excellent credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than drivers with lower credit ratings. If your credit score can be improved, you could pay less to insure your Lincoln Continental by spending a little time repairing your credit.