Are you regretting the purchase of an overpriced insurance policy? Trust us when we tell you you are not the only one feeling buyer's remorse.
A study showed that most drivers have purchased from the same company for at least four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared rates to find affordable insurance. Many drivers in Plano could pocket as much as $1,770 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just don't understand how easy it is to find affordable insurance rates.
Steps to finding low-cost rates for Hummer H1 insurance in Plano
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get the cheapest Hummer H1 insurance is to start comparing prices yearly from different companies that insure vehicles in Plano. This can be done by following these steps.
- First, get an understanding of the different coverages in a policy and the modifications you can make to lower rates. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices such as at-fault accidents and an imperfect credit score can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Second, request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers. Start a quote
- Third, compare the price quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Fourth, give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to your new agent or company. Once received, keep your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
A good piece of advice is to make sure you enter the same level of coverage on every price quote and and to get price estimates from as many carriers as you can. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
Many insurance companies vie for your business, so it can be very hard to choose a insurer to find the best rates possible on Hummer H1 insurance in Plano.
How to get free Hummer H1 insurance quotes online
Finding a better price on car insurance can be quick and easy. The only requirement is to take time to get quotes from some recommended companies.
It's so fast and easy to compare rate quotes online that it makes it a waste of time to physically go to and from local Plano insurance agencies. Comparing Hummer H1 insurance rates online eliminates this option unless you're the type of person who wants the guidance that only an agent can give. If you prefer, some companies allow you to find lower rates online and still use a local agent.
The following companies provide free quotes in Texas. To buy cheaper auto insurance in Plano, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Car insurance is not optional
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Hummer in Plano, maintaining insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Hummer H1 has a loan, most lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Hummer at a more expensive rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects both your assets and your Hummer H1. Insurance will also pay for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially if you ever need it. But the average American driver is overpaying over $830 a year so compare quotes from several companies each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Car insurance discounts are available for cheaper rates
Car insurance companies don't list every available discount very well, so the below list has a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known credits available to bring down your rates.
- Memberships - Having an affiliation with qualifying clubs or civic groups can get you a small discount when shopping for car insurance.
- Drivers Ed for Students - Teen drivers should enroll in driver's education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Bundled Policy Discount - If you have multiple policies with the same company you may save at least 10% off all policies.
- Seat Belt Usage - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to fasten their seat belts can save a little off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Early Payment Discounts - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time as opposed to paying monthly you may have a lower total premium amount.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you aren't that lucky.
If you would like to choose from a list of companies that offer multiple discounts in Texas, follow this link.
Insurance can get complicated
When quoting and choosing coverage online or from an agent, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Every insured's situation is different so your insurance should reflect that For example, these questions might point out whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Does my policy cover me if I wreck while driving under the influence?
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
If you're not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Best car insurance in Texas
Ending up with a highly-rated auto insurance provider can be difficult considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Plano. The company rank data below may help you decide which auto insurers you want to consider comparing rate quotes with.
Top 10 Plano Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
Top 10 Plano Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers - A++
- USAA - A++
- GEICO - A++
- State Farm - A++
- Titan Insurance - A+
- Esurance - A+
- Progressive - A+
- The Hartford - A+
- Allstate - A+
- Nationwide - A+