Astonishing but true according to a recent study, almost 70% of insureds in Texas kept buying from the same company for at least the last four years, and nearly half have never compared rate quotes at all. American drivers could pocket $860 a year just by shopping around, but they just assume it's a time-consuming process to find cheaper car insurance rates.
It takes a little time, but the best way to find discount Honda S2000 insurance is to do an annual price comparison from different companies who provide auto insurance in Plano.
Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about the different coverages in a policy and the things you can control to prevent high rates. Many rating factors that result in higher rates such as multiple speeding tickets and a substandard credit history can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
Step 2: Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Step 4: Provide adequate notice to your current company of your intention to cancel your existing policy. Submit a completed application and payment to your new insurance company. When you receive it, store the certificate of insurance in your vehicle's glove compartment or console.
One tip to remember is to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to get price quotes from as many companies as possible. This enables a fair price comparison and maximum price selection.
If you have a current car insurance policy, you should be able to get lower rates using this strategy. Comparison shopping for affordable car insurance policy in Plano can be fairly easy. But Texas car owners can benefit from knowing the methods companies use to market insurance on the web because it can help you find the best coverage.
How Your S2000 Insurance Prices are Determined
It's important that you understand some of the elements that come into play when calculating the level of your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that could result in cheaper rates. Lots of factors are considered when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, but some are less apparent such as your marital status or how financially stable you are.
The list below includes a few of the "ingredients" companies use to determine rates.
Add-on coverages can cost a lot - Insurance companies have many extra bells and whistles that can add up if you don't pay attention. Insurance for rental car reimbursement, towing, and additional equipment coverage could be just wasting money. They may sound like good ideas at first, but if you've never needed them in the past remove them from your policy.
Pay more of a claim out-of-pocket - Coverage for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, insures against damage to your Honda. Some instances where coverage would apply could be a dented fender, damage from fire, and having your car stolen. The deductibles you choose define the amount you are required to pay if a covered claim is submitted. The more expense you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your insurance will be.
Discounts for multiple policies - Most insurance companies provide discounts to customers that purchase more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The discount can add up to ten or even fifteen percent. Even if you qualify for this discount already, it's still a good idea to compare Honda S2000 rates in Plano to guarantee you are still saving the most.
Avoid traffic tickets - Careful drivers tend to pay less for car insurance than their less careful counterparts. Even one speeding ticket or other violation can bump up the cost twenty percent or more. Drivers with flagrant tickets such as reckless driving or DUI may face state-mandated requirements to submit a SR-22 form with their state motor vehicle department in order to legally drive.
Youthful drivers are expensive to insure - Older people have been proven to be more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets. Inexperience drivers are statistically shown to be careless and easily distracted when driving with friends so they pay higher insurance rates.
Know your vehicle's crash test rating - Vehicles that have high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. Highly rated vehicles have better occupant injury protection and better occupant protection means less claims paid which can result in lower premiums.
Discounts for married drivers - Walking down the aisle may save some money when shopping for insurance. Having a significant other generally demonstrates drivers are more responsible and insurance companies reward insureds because being married results in fewer claims.
Are males or females drivers cheaper? - Over time, data shows that women are safer drivers than men. However, this does not mean men are worse drivers. They both cause fender benders in similar percentages, but the men get into accidents with more damage. Not only that, but men also get higher numbers of serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Males from age 16 to 21 are the most expensive to insure so it costs more to insure them.
Companies offer many discounts on Honda S2000 insurance in Plano
Some insurance providers don't always list all possible discounts very well, so the following is a list of some of the more common and the harder-to-find discounts that may be available.
- Employee of Federal Government - Having worked for a branch of the government may reduce rates when you quote Plano auto insurance with select insurance companies.
- Active Service Discounts - Being deployed in the military could qualify you for better premium rates.
- Driver Safety - Successfully completing a class that teaches defensive driving techniques could possibly earn you a 5% discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Smart Student Discounts - Performing well in school may save you up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
- Paper-free Discount - A handful of insurance companies will give a small break shop Plano auto insurance online.
- Pay Upfront and Save - By paying your entire bill at once rather than paying in monthly installments you could save 5% or more.
You should keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. If you do the math and it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn't quite work that way. But any discount will positively reduce the amount you pay for coverage.
Popular auto insurance companies and their offered discounts can be read below.
- GEICO may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, federal employee, multi-policy, five-year accident-free, and anti-theft.
- Auto-Owners Insurance includes discounts for anti-lock brakes, student away at school, company car, mature driver, teen driver, and safe vehicle.
- American Family has discounts for good student, air bags, multi-vehicle, TimeAway discount, and mySafetyValet.
- Esurance may include discounts for online quote, safety device, homeowner, emergency road assistance, and anti-theft.
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online signing, good student, online quote discount, homeowner, and continuous coverage.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including safe vehicle, multiple policy, Steer Clear safe driver discount, driver's education, Drive Safe & Save, and accident-free.
- AAA discounts include AAA membership discount, multi-policy, multi-car, pay-in-full, good driver, and good student.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all the companies to apply every possible discount. Savings might not apply everywhere. If you would like to choose from a list of companies that offer the discounts shown above in Texas, click here to view.
Cheaper car insurance is a realistic goal
Drivers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including lack of trust in their agent, delays in responding to claim requests, questionable increases in premium or even high prices. Regardless of your reason, switching companies is easier than you think.
In this article, we presented many ideas to get a better price on Honda S2000 insurance in Plano. It's most important to understand that the more you quote Plano auto insurance, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the best price on car insurance is with an unexpected company.
When searching for the cheapest Honda S2000 rate quotes, make sure you don't buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. Too many times, an insured cut physical damage coverage only to discover later that it was a big error on their part. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
Much more information about car insurance in Texas is available at these links:
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- How Much are Plano Car Insurance Quotes for a Mazda CX-7? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Infrequent Drivers in Plano? (FAQ)
- How Much are Plano Auto Insurance Quotes for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much is Plano Car Insurance After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Plano Auto Insurance for Uninsured Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Plano Car Insurance Quotes for Active Military? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Plano? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)